Which one am I?

Options
Hi Everyone,

I am a student midwife here in the UK, and so I do 3, 13 hour shifts/week in the hospital for approx a 6 week block, and then I do a block of college for approx 4 weeks.

On my days off work I usually catch up on work or with friends so I don't really do a lot.

The question is, do I put my activity level at "sedentary" (sp?) and change it to "lightly active" for the days I'm at work, or just wear a pedometer when I'm at work and log the exercise? I'm thinking with such a long shift I'd burn quite a few calories more than at college!

Confused!!

Replies

• shtefie
    shtefie Posts: 32
    Options
    I think i would probably wear the pedometer, and put the paces in later. I imagine that seeing how many steps you've taken will also give you a boost!
  • Charli666
    Charli666 Posts: 407
    Options
    not going to be much help as i dont have a clue tbh, if it was me, i'd set it to sedentery, as thats what you classify as most, wear a pedometer to work, and at the end of the day, log 50% of what the pedometer says, and use the other 50% as daily use or bonus!

sorry x
  • Fineraziel
    Fineraziel Posts: 140
    Options
    Hi! You could set it to "light active" for 6 weeks, then switch to "sedentary" for 4 weeks... But if you dont want to bother, I would suggest "light active". Even when you are at college, if you do a lot of walking (to go to your classes...), that counts as "activities" to my sense! :)
  • Selaen
    Selaen Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Ahh, the college days.. <3

I've put myself through as sedentary because I literally sit on my tushy for 8 hours a day. Even when you're at college, you'll be doing some walking in between classes etc. So I'd just keep it at "light active" at all times. The weeks when you're not moving much are "contra'd" by your more intense bouts of activity.