Tummy tuck and boob job...

Options
So at the end of the year I am getting both has anyone else had these two done and do you recommend them together or seperate??...the doctor says together is good but I am worried about mobility...any advice??

Replies

• helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    one of my fav you tube make up gurus just had this done, I'm planning a boob job this summer so I saved her tips / experience. this may be one some use to you. she rented a hospital bed for mobility to get up / lay down...

http://www.makeupgeek.com/tutorials/my-experience-with-tummy-tuck/
  • jksn2nlove
    Options
    I just had a friend who had both done on Friday and she felt great! She has actually stopped her medication today. I had mine seperate only because I wanted another child and had my tummy tuck after. You just have to take it easy for a while, I don't see a problem having both done at the same time, you are on meds only one time and your down time is the same :wink:
  • jessica_pederson
    Options
    A local plastics office here does what they call a mommy makeover, which is exactly what you are talking about. I have heard that the recovery isn't tht much longer than just getting your tummy done.
  • MeghanAM
    MeghanAM Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I think both together should be fine. It's fairly common to have them done together.
  • beautifulnow
    Options
    so how is the pain?? I have had 4 c-sections...compare? I am hoping to be working out within a month lol
  • jksn2nlove
    Options
    so how is the pain?? I have had 4 c-sections...compare? I am hoping to be working out within a month lol

Tummy tuck feels like you did tons of sit ups and boobs feel like your milk came in after you gave birth and someone is sitting on them. It is uncomfortable but not unbearable. It might take you a little longer to workout, you may just be able to do treatmill and walking. I could not do any situp type workouts for 2 years after my tummy tuck :wink:
  • Picky_nikki
    Picky_nikki Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I had a tummy tuck and a reduction 3 wks apart. I was on the treadmill again slowly a week out. (TT first) I wanted mine done together but because I was getting most of the reduction covered I had to have that done in a hospital, and hospital wait times area WAY longer especially if you want to do them together. The surgical centre where I had my TT done was awesome! Highly recommend that route!

The worst part of the tt was the second day when the block wears off and it feels like your abs are "killing" as if you are stuck in a crunch FOREVER! lol but after that it gets better in a few days. Everyone's pain tolerance is different, and everyone heals differently. You have to listen to your body and go at yours and your Dr's decided pace after.
    :)
  • izzle284
    izzle284 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi, thanks for sharing your information. I was wondering how was your experience with a breast reduction? I´m 22 years old but feel I have bigger boobs for my body and it´s very uncomforable at times. I get a lot of back pain and I just feel like they´re weighing me down literally. I´ve been trying the diet thing and honestly nothing is changing up there. I´ve done a bit of research for about a year or 2 and feel like I think it´s time to do a consultation. I´m just worried about after the procedure and if there is bad scarring or sensitivity. I would like to get someone who´s had the experience. Also did you have to pay out of pocket or did your insurance help. I´m going to look into my insurance and see if they cover stuff like this but I´m not sure.

Thanks
  • punkinbeanie
    Options
    Im in the same boat , looking to have both done at the same time, 3 kids naturaly and one c-section, took its toll, i want to lose some more weight first, but plan on having them both done this year.
  • bellanoelle
    bellanoelle Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Sign me up for both!! I would love to have both done as soon as the weight comes off. My SIL had a tummy tuck on December 23rd....was out of it for 3 days but had a New Year's Eve party and looked great. She is sooooo happy she had it done and began walking 2 weeks post surgury.

I can't wait to have the mommy makeover!
  • kylielouttit
    kylielouttit Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I had a breast reduction five years ago and it was the best thing I have ever done! Two kids later, they still look good!

Tummy tuck is in a few years when I can afford it!