Frustrated with 30 Day Shred DVD

Options
I popped in the DVD for Day 2....overslept a little, had exactly 28 mins allowed for a workout...and had to watch all the dang commercials again! And then the intro to the series! My remote would not let me skip, fast forward, and the menu button wouldn't work either. Just kept getting the symbol where there's an "X" through a DVD picture. Grrr! So..I was late to work.

Maybe it's my DVD player? Do I get to use the excuse, "Honey, I can't skip through the commercials on Jillian's DVD, so can we upgrade to a Blu-ray?" :happy:

Otherwise....I love, love, love the workout so far...and the burn in my arms and legs...must not be working abs hard enough...no burn there...yet...

Replies

• wiggleroom
    wiggleroom Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I had the same issue, and I use my computer's DVD drive -- I was able to fast forward/scan, but not jump past completely. Really annoying.
  • leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I can't skip it through either and I've been playing it on a laptop.
  • amymt10
    amymt10 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Mine does the same thing, so frustrating when I'm short on time. I usually put the dvd in, then go get my shoes on and gather my dumbells.
  • foreverdalejr
    Options
    I don't have that one, I am an independent beachbody coach, but my advice would be to throw in the dvd while you are getting ready for your workout, that's what I do, then it's ready to hit play! If you need advice or accountability you can find me at www.farmchickfitness.com You are doing great!
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    same here.
    I normally pop the dvd in player & play then I go get my weights and everything I need
    when I get back its ready to begin :smile:
  • Robin1117
    Robin1117 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Very frustrating. I switch between 2 tv's in the house---one blue ray where you still are not able to skip through, and then an old one. When I can leave it in the dvd player it'll resume from where i left off, but when I take it out to switch between players it starts at the beginning.

I started turning it on first so the annoying stuff plays while I go get my water, shoes, hrm, etc.....by the time I come back it's usually over.

So wish they would fix that.....
  • MissJennaBelle
    Options
    I can't skip the chapter or go straight to the menu but I can fast forward one part of the intro.

The first thing I do when I wake up is switch the DVD player on and press play... by the time I get ready for Jillian to kick my butt at 6am in the morning it has reached the menu where I can choose my workout level and get started.
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Mine does the same thing, so frustrating when I'm short on time. I usually put the dvd in, then go get my shoes on and gather my dumbells.

I do this too!
  • sjdoman
    sjdoman Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I can skip the commercials but not Jillian's babbling. I started hitting stop at the end of each day. Then the next day it would pick up where it left off and I could skip back to the beginning.
  • feliciapeters
    Options
    mine goes back to the main screen at the end so i have the option of hitting whatever level i want
    i have no idea HOW it does that, it just does
  • CarrieAbbey
    CarrieAbbey Posts: 378 Member
    Options

That's what I do as well.
  • lenwie
    lenwie Posts: 240
    Options

:laugh: I do the same, put dvd on then go change into joggers, get glass water, dumbells etc, by time im back DVD's sitting at workout menu for me to choose, then away we go.
  • im2spooky4u
    im2spooky4u Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    You can download Handbrake on your laptop/computer which will turn dvds into digital format. Then all you have is the workout and no commercials on your computer.
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I finished the Shred yesterday. I got more of an ab burn in the planks than in the sit ups, but the L3 ab sections should work it more! I can see a difference in my abs between now and when I started for sure!! Keep up the great work!
  • xxMsComptonxx
    Options
    I know this is off subject but... Jillian is amazing at what she does no doubt about that! But has anyone realized how Man-ly she talks and how Corny she is when she is giving her little speech in the beginning of her DVDs? LOL! I can't help but to laugh. All that aside though... the chick knows what she is doing. (:
  • pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    This is why a good DVD ripper is often worth it's weight in gold. Even condense multiple videos to one DVD.
  • Jenn1254
    Jenn1254 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I hit disc menu on my remote to get to the menus. Sometimes it wil start playing level one automatically so I hit menu again and I'm able to get to the workout screen.
  • rosebrowning
    Options
    I have the same problem so I leave my DVD player on at night with the video in so it's ready to go when I wake up. I don't get up any earlier than I have to, especially not to torture myself! I do love these workouts too, but not because they're fun...
  • bassettmama
    bassettmama Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    If you leave it in the DVD player and don't do anything after your workout, it reverts to the menu screen where you select the Level. I'm able to just change the input on my TV from TV to DVD player and when I'm ready to workout again, I switch input back to DVD and there is the menu with the workouts. Saves a few minutes anyway. Of course, it's probably not healthy for the DVD to be running for days at a time, but mine's still working over a year later :) Hope that helps.
  • rebecky27
    rebecky27 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! Lots of great replies. I'll have to do what most suggested. Pop in the DVD then get ready. That will add more cardio too, running up and down stairs to do so! :tongue:

I was getting ready in my room as soon as I woke up, then coming downstairs and starting the dvd.

Thanks!!