Off on the wrong foot

Options
Hello All,

I introduced myself over the weekend and feel shouldve expressed my feelings a little different.
Last year my husband and I were talking about possibly having another baby. When I spoke with my physician she said at my weight she would advise against it. (My mother takes a ton of pills everyday as well as an older sister)
That rocked my world because to be honest I didnt think I was big. I "carried it well" ! I mean I knew I had to lose the weight again, but I didnt think It could be such an issue. Basically it was a reality check for me and my doctor kicked my butt in gear.

Im young and for me its not ok to run up 15 steps and want to pass out or feel like my heart is going to pop.
I made a choice to eat healthy and make sure my husband and daughter do the same.
Im always looking for different ways to do an exercise or work a specific muscle, because I now KNOW you have to eat healthy and exercise to achieve the results you want.

Ive never had to lose more than 40-50 pounds. I know to some people its not alot because they have more to lose, but we are all here because we need support.
For me these last 10-15 pounds have been the hardest to get off. I joined MFP to finally be rid of those pounds......Wearing a bikini without a pair of shorts and t shirt wouldnt be too bad either.

Replies

• owlwomyn
    owlwomyn Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! This is an excellent place to get the support you need. I love MFP and I am sure you will too!
  • suejake11
    suejake11 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I actually happened to see your original post and thought it was funny. I found myself thinking, "that's exactly what I would have heard had I been in that situation." It's sad the things we say to ourselves.
  • gavin03
    gavin03 Posts: 39
    Options
    Good luck to you. I have three boys and before i had my first son I lost 50 lbs. Only to gain it right back when I was pregnant. I have gained 50 or more with each pregnancy. Somewhere I find the motivation after each pregnancy to loose the weight and I have. . It has taken me almost two years to loose the 65 I gained with my third son. I feel so good and you will to. Don't give up think of it as a journey and what you want to accomplish in that time. If I can do it then anyone can. Best of Luck