So Ready!!

Options
I joined the site yesterday, and got started this morning on my weight loss journey. I am so excited!! I was thin for most of my life, including after the birth of my first daughter. I gained 52lbs but lost almost 60 by the time she was 9 months old. So I actually weighed less than when I got pregnant! Then I had my second daughter, gained another 50lbs, and things got rough.

Almost 4 years later, I am still 50lbs overweight. This is the most weight I have ever had to lose, and it's very daunting. But I have virtually no pictures with my younger daughter, and we have very few family pictures (which is crazy because my husband and I are photographers!!) We have our first real family vacation planned to Disney World this fall...and I am so committed to losing this weight before then so I can be confident in front of the camera for a change. I want to love these pictures!

So...here I am. :)

Replies

• kpower1983
    kpower1983 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    You are in the right place, add lots of friends, they will support you and keep you on track!

Good luck, you will be great!:flowerforyou:
  • david081
    david081 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Welcome! MFP really helps me to stay focussed on my fitness goals. I am amazed at how energised I feel with 21lbs less weight -yesterday I did a 7.5k workout on the treadmill, plus some weights, then in the afternoon walked 12k over a nearby mountain - I was so full of energy that I ran some of it, in my walking boots (woke up with sore feet today)... six small meals a day, and only weigh yourself once a week if you can..

Good luck!

rgds,

David
  • owlwomyn
    owlwomyn Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hey there! Welcome to MFP! I am sure you will do well! It's an excellent tool to help you on your way!
  • Rachael68
    Rachael68 Posts: 15
    Options
    Welcome aboard!!! Hope to see you thru your successes!
  • RedE4Change
    Options
    Welcome! MFP really helps me to stay focussed on my fitness goals. I am amazed at how energised I feel with 21lbs less weight -yesterday I did a 7.5k workout on the treadmill, plus some weights, then in the afternoon walked 12k over a nearby mountain - I was so full of energy that I ran some of it, in my walking boots (woke up with sore feet today)... six small meals a day, and only weigh yourself once a week if you can..

Good luck!

rgds,

David

Wow!! That is fantastic! How inspiring. I can't wait to have some of my old energy back.
  • RedE4Change
    Options
    Thanks everyone! It's so good to have support, and a place to help my keep track of calorie/exercise goals. With so many different plans and fads out there, it can be a bit overwhelming.
  • fabulousfebe
    Options
    Welcome Myfitnesspal... It's truly been a pal to me...I've only been a member for five days now and I can say that it keeps me on track. You can do it...one step and one day at a time. :)
  • lovinmykiddos
    Options
    Heather,

I'm glad you saw my post about MFP and I'm so glad that it led you to join. Like I said I've found a great amount of support on this site and I love being able to track food and exercise. I've lost 19 pounds and I know I couldn't have done it without MFP. There is just something about it, I mean I sign in and see that 1200 calorie limit and I am instantly motivated to exercise so that I can have an extra treat if I choose to have one. I am so much more confident about myself and I have lots more energy. I weighed 162 at the start of my journey on January 1 and I now weigh 143, slow and steady. I've taken a new approach this time, I look at it as a life change. It's not only about losing weight but its about being healthier, having more energy and setting a good example for my kids. My 13 year old actually told me she was proud of me the other day!
    You can do it, and you will do it. Just stay focused. Wouldn't it be awesome to need a whole new wardrobe for your big trip to Disney!?!
  • mreardon2996
    mreardon2996 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You picked a great place to start- I needed this to make me be accountable- everything I put in my mouth and every mile on the treadmill gets documented- don't care who else sees it- just for my own self accountability. Good luck and am very jealous of you getting to go to Disney.
  • RedE4Change
    Options
    Heather,

I'm glad you saw my post about MFP and I'm so glad that it led you to join. Like I said I've found a great amount of support on this site and I love being able to track food and exercise. I've lost 19 pounds and I know I couldn't have done it without MFP. There is just something about it, I mean I sign in and see that 1200 calorie limit and I am instantly motivated to exercise so that I can have an extra treat if I choose to have one. I am so much more confident about myself and I have lots more energy. I weighed 162 at the start of my journey on January 1 and I now weigh 143, slow and steady. I've taken a new approach this time, I look at it as a life change. It's not only about losing weight but its about being healthier, having more energy and setting a good example for my kids. My 13 year old actually told me she was proud of me the other day!
    You can do it, and you will do it. Just stay focused. Wouldn't it be awesome to need a whole new wardrobe for your big trip to Disney!?!

I am so glad I saw that too! I hadn't been on this site before. I've tried a few others, but this one is so much better and easier to use. Congratulations on your weight loss!!! I cannot wait until I am approaching my 20lb. milestone. That is huge!! And I would love nothing more than to need an entirely new wardrobe. That's more great motivation. :)