155lbs goal 140lbs

Options
i am 5'3" and started at 160lbs 2 weeks ago i stick to 1200-1300 cals a day and do cardio 5x per week and strength training 2x per week. going to turks and caicos end of april and would love to reach my goal 15lbs to any one have any advice or tips or looking to loose the same weight??? thanks

Replies

• clang1
    clang1 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Just stick with it! Don't lose focus - I find that once I let myself think I'm doing good, I start slacking. Good luck - I hear Turks and Caicos is amazing!!

You can do it! Positive thinking!
  • traceytoo
    traceytoo Posts: 163
    Options
    Hey, I started at 174 just after Xmas, down to 154 now, though haven't weighed for a week, but I think I've lost more - Im 5 ft 3 & 3/4s :bigsmile: and I'd like to get to 141 by my hen weekend on 6th May and def for my weeding on 9th August.

So we're similar .... no tips, jut keep to your cals, exercise loads, it's all you can do ... ride the plateaus cos there will be some, I've been on one for 6 weeks, so looked at my diet and exercise and started as if day one, so when I weigh on Friday which will be over a week since I weighed Im hoping to be in the 10 stones again. Been shredding for 9 days as well, it's a killer dvd workout, and from what I've seen on people on here, gets great results

Good luck XXX
  • OUKoala23
    OUKoala23 Posts: 17
    Options
    I am trying to lose around the same weight and started on this site last week and since lost 2 lbs (before- I was platouing for a good 2 months- actually even gaining weight!) I have asked for some advice on here as well. I hear a lot about making sure you add variety into your cardio. I was doing the same cardio for 5 days (treadmill) and some strength training for 2 days as well. After some advice I tried mixing more strength training and harder cardio for a less amount of time to even out. I'm going to stick with trying that for a couple weeks and see if it helps. As for the diet, I'm still trying to figure that out. After I started keeping track of my calories I found that I usually hit way below my 1200 calorie goal. VERY surprizingly. I know I was watching what I eat all the time but I thought for sure I was always going over that. I definetely don't feel like I"m 'starving' myself in any way. I've asked for some advice on that and have heard to make sure to always hit pretty close to that goal so your body doesn't go into "starvation mode" and feed off of excess fat reserves. Although... I've also seen this is up for debate. I'm having a hard time reaching 1200 cals some days! So anyway-- this is just my experience SO far and hope to hear more adivce as well since I'm trying to do about the same thing as you!! :smile:
  • bella5469
    bella5469 Posts: 43
    Options
    thanks ladies i appreciate ur advice. i do see a trainer once a week and we always do different moves, i also try to do interval training on treadmill here and there so hopefully ill keep losing. 6 WEEKS to go and i am staying positive :)
  • petithamu
    petithamu Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Hey. I'm 5'2 and I started at 159.8lbs. I did the 30 Day Shred and lost 10.6lbs on that and inches all over. I actually looked like I lost more than that. You do seem to be working out really hard though...so maybe the Shred would be overkill...but you can definitely do some great changes in 6 weeks.

I blogged my result and I was surprised how much I've changed in just 30 days. Don't give up and it will happen! Good luck!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/petithamu/view/30-day-shred-result-66089
  • OUKoala23
    OUKoala23 Posts: 17
    Options
    I've been hearing so many great things about the Shred. I must try it!! lol
  • WeatherGurl1129
    WeatherGurl1129 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hey! You and I sound very similar! I'm 5'2" and at my heaviest I was 160 lbs. I'm currently 156 lbs and would like to be 140 lbs.

The best advice that I can give (from a combination of my own experiences and fellow MFP members) is patience. I want this weight loss journey to also be a lifestyle change, but that means that the weight will not come off all at once.

Also, make sure you log everything you eat, and I mean EVERYTHING! Yesterday I looked up the nutritional information for one piece of taffy because I knew if I didn't it would mess up my daily total.

Since we're already small in stature, we're not going to burn a large amount of calories at once. So the strength training you're doing is key because building muscle will increase your base metabolism.

That's about all I can give since we're basically in the same boat. Good luck to both of us!
  • sacred81
    sacred81 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I do the eat every 2 - 3 hours thing while staying within the caloric restrictions and it has worked for me quite well, but it is a bit cumbersome. Although, if you can stick with it, it works!!
  • petithamu
    petithamu Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Oh, another thing. I don't eat back all of my exercise calories. I probably eat half at best and some days when i work out really hard, I don't always hit my 1200kcal, I'd be lucky if I hit 1000. I don't know if I believe the starvation mode thing, there are too many conflicted theories on this. Anyway, eat when you are hungry but try not to eat all of your exercise calories back.
  • emilybrittain
    Options
    I find that I have to be very strict with myself otherwise it quickly comes crashing down. I haven't worked out for a few days as I had a tooth extraction - I didn't really think about what i was eating afterwards so long as it was soft and boom - I put a couple of pounds on!

Trying to be very good this week in order to make up for it as I really do want to lose this weight for good!

I found that my weight had plateaued for a while before I started this so I figure that if I can lose some wirght then hopefully it will stay off without constant calorie coutning - at least I hope so!

Good luck everyone - and yes, give the Shred a go - its v good and fast!