How to Lose C Section Pouch!

Options
Hi All..

I've been working out at the gym 3 x a week, and starting up with horseback riding lessons again.

However, I dont see any change in my stomach from my c section that was done 1 year ago.

Any tips?!

Replies

• alexa_image
    alexa_image Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. My C section was also a year ago, I've been working out doing everything.
    I will love to hear any tips.
  • ♥♥YoungMrs♥♥
    Options
    bump
  • MommaToFour
    MommaToFour Posts: 106
    Options
    Although I've never had a C-section, I have had four kids...so I am familiar with what I call "gooey gut". :) My youngest child is 6 so I had been trying for years to lose that pouch! Running/jogging has had the most effect on that area of my body!!! If you aren't into running or jogging try power walking. Another option is eliminating all refined sugars and white flours from your diet. It took about two weeks, but I noticed a HUGE difference in that area when I did.

Good luck! :)
  • time2move
    time2move Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Mine was almost 2 years ago. I was told by my doctor that it's next to impossible to have a flat stomach after a c-section without surgery. You can't spot loose weight. I have noticed mine has gone down with my weight loss, but it never was, never will be completely flat.
  • KZOsMommy
    KZOsMommy Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I have had three csections in just under three years time (I have a newly 8yr old, 6.5 year old and a 5 year old). I still have a pouch but mine has gotten smaller. I noticed a bigger change when I started eating clean and uping my work outs. I have been on this journey for over two years now. It just takes time and a lot of work. I am not sure it will ever go away completely and being a mom is worth that little pouch haha :). We will get there keep up the great work!
  • daddyzgurl
    Options
    The Jillian Michaels tape "6 Weeks to 6 Pack Abs" has eliminated the pouch that I have had since the first of my three sons was born.
  • jcch00
    jcch00 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Sorry to discourage, but you may never completely get rid of it. I've had 3 C-Sections and even after losing all of my baby weight (and then some) after each of my pregnancies my pouch remained. I tried Pilates, Yoga, exercise ball, and many different machines religiously at the gym to no avail. I asked my OB about it and she said the muscles were severed and the elasticity is "broken". She said it may never be as it was before babies. I've just accepted my C-Section pouch for now but may one day consider plastic surgery to get the excess skin removed.
  • philwilson01
    Options
    I've heard many people say this is one of the last places you loose weight. I think if you really want to start to get a flat stomach you really need to focus on your nutrition. Nutrition plays a very big part in losing fat and gaining muscle.
  • britneybowen
    britneybowen Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have had 2 kids back to back.... didn't get a c-section but still got a pouch that I know will never go away. and the sad thing is the pouch is all stretch marks too :(
    Not sure what to tell you as I haven't found an answer yet. Good luck