Transformation in progress

Options
Hi all,
This is the first time I have posted here, but I come to the forums daily, multi-daily to help with inspiration. There are so many of you that have lost incredible amounts of weight, and it is so inspirational! Before I post the pics, I want to tell you all a little bit about myself.
I am a stay at home mom to 4 wonderful (most of the time) boys. I have struggled with those "few extra pounds" most of my life. When I was younger it was not a problem because I played sports....alot of them. Softball, volleyball, basketball, and soccer. When I was in the sports, the extra pounds stayed off, and it was not a problem. Sophomore year of high school I quit the sports and got into some bad habits...Drinking, eating fast food, being lazy. 2 years later, I went to the USMC recruiter's office. I was told that in order to even get into the Marine Corps, I had to lose 5 pounds. Ok, not a problem, ate nothing but white rice for 2 weeks (that was healthy...not!), got into the Marine Corps. While at my first school after boot camp, I met a guy that I just thought i loved. We got married 2 months later, and a month and a half later I was pregnant. During that pregnancy I gained 70 (yes, 70) pounds. 6 weeks after she was born, she passed away, I left my husband, moved into the barracks, and my life spiraled out of control. I was depressed, nobody understood what I was going through, and I made alot of poor decisions. I somehow managed to lose most of my baby weight, getting down to 150 pounds.
About a year and a half later I went to the bar with a friend of mine. She introduced me to a guy she knew. We hit it off right away, I moved out of the barracks and in with him and his son 3 weeks later. 3 weeks after that we were married. I knew from the first night that I loved him. We began having children right away, 3 in 3 years! Boy did that take a toll on my body! I could lose the weight, or most of it anyway, but my body was never the same. I usually stayed hovering around the 155 lb mark, which I didn't feel was too horrible. I wore a 9 or 11.
Well...fast forward to this year. 12 years we have been married now, and in the last 3 years I had really started the weight gain. Not all at once, a pound here, 2 pounds there...but it all adds up. I stepped on the scale February 21st I believe it was, and it read 180. I was disgusted with myself. I had not been that weight outside of pregnancy...EVER! I couldn't do it anymore. I had ordered Hip Hop Abs, which my husband (bless his heart) agreed to do with me. Before starting HHA, I lost 6 lbs already, putting me at 174. Since starting HHA, in 3 weeks, I have lost another 6 pounds, and a total of 9.5 inches! I'm not done!
I just started Turbo Jam yesterday, and I am LOVING that program. My husband is still doing it right along side of me, and he is having wonderful results as well. My first goal weight is to get down to 135 pounds. From there, we'll see. I am motivated, eating right, and best of all, my kids are eating right too. I am determined to not be the fat mom at the baseball games this year. I want to be the mom that people say "oh my goodness, you look great....there's no way you had 4 kids". Not the mom that people whisper behing your back saying "oh my goodness, do you see her fat rolls...are you sure she only had 4 kids?"
Anyway, here are the pics, I hope I post them correctly! Constructive Criticism is accepted!
Sideshot.png
frontshots.png
frontflex.png
Backshots.png
backflex.png

Replies

• thegirl68
    thegirl68 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    great job! you're looking great!
  • erica2h
    erica2h Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    :smile: wow, I can totally see the weight coming off, good job taking pics, wish I would have done that.You will get there don't get discouraged!You do not look like a "fat mom" you look fit!Just keep it up!I have 2 daughters so I know what pregnancy does to the body, I have to fight too, and I hate my stomach and stretchmarks, but I love my kids so I guess it all evens out!Great job getting the whole family involved!!
  • Fat2FitChick
    Fat2FitChick Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Lookin slim there girl!!
  • britneybowen
    britneybowen Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing!!! GREAT JOB! Turbo Jam sounds great. :smile:
  • Mollymmb84
    Options
    Your arms and back look amazing....actually your whole body does!! Great job!!!
  • knothead76
    Options
    Thanks for all the positive comments. It's not always easy, but it seems to get easier with every day. MFP helps ALOT!!!! I never knew what kind of garbage I was throwing into my body until I sat down and put it all in. Between my husband and these message boards....it's keeping me motivated....because if you all can do it, by darn, so can I!
  • Serafimangel
    Serafimangel Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Wow, looking great! only 21 days as well, there is a visible difference in your body. The frown->normal->happy in each set of three pictures is hilarious XD.

By the way, where did you get those joggers with pawprints on the back? they're really cute!
  • dadsgirl87
    Options
    Great job! Congratulations!
  • amberaz
    amberaz Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    You are living proof of how quickly you can make a change if you are really dedicated to doing it. I don't think you have to worry at all about being the "fat mom", you look great!
  • IrishChick71
    IrishChick71 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    You are looking Good, Mama!! Keep it up and there is nothing that you can't accomplish! :flowerforyou: You are a great motivation! Cheers!
  • JENIFER_AZ
    JENIFER_AZ Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Looking great girl, you can totally see the weight coming off! BRAVO!
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I can tell a big difference. Keep up the good work, and you will be to your goal in no time. Way to go!!!
  • therobinator
    therobinator Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    You look great! Keep up the good work!
  • courtrptr13
    courtrptr13 Posts: 272
    Options
    Good for you! I can totally see your body changing. Keep up the great work!
  • knothead76
    Options
    Thanks again for the motivating comments! I will keep updating my pics, and keep everyone filled in on my progress. And I will keep trolling the boards checking on everyone's progress as well! Have I mentioned that I absolutely love this site?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!