Insanity Calories burned question

Options
How can I tell how many calories im burning doing the "Insanity" series if its not on MFP and I dont have a calorie counting watch?

Replies

• williaa
    williaa Posts: 2
    Options
    My hsband and I just started Insanity last week and I have been wondering the same thing. At first I was adding it as High Impact Aeorbics but I knew that I was burning more calories than what it said!!!! I searched a little and have now been adding it as "Judo, Karate, Kick Boxing, Tae Kwan Do." I just out in the minutes but I usually subtract 5 or so from the total just because. Calorie count is more acurate and close I think. Hope this helps!

Get Fit or Get Out!! Insanity at it's best! Good luck.
  • thedeegan4
    thedeegan4 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    There really is no way of knowing for sure without a BodyBugg or HRM
  • warrior_underdog
    Options
    Yep, you'll need a heart rate monitor to actually know (that goes for running on a treadmill that gives you estimate #s as well). But I do Insanity (off and on, I don't follow the program) and I'll tell you what *I* burn.

I'm female, 5'4" and weigh about 160. The "yoga" DVD burns less obviously, but when I'm going hard core on plyometric cardio or strength training, I burn about 350 calories in 30 minutes.
  • jscimeca
    jscimeca Posts: 66
    Options
    I agree with the last two posts. Definitely get a HRM. They aren't that bad price wise, I got mine at a WalMart and it was $30. I'm so glad I got it because I do the same exercises now that I did when I didn't have a HRM and I'm burning WAY more calories than what MFP was saying...
    I'm currently doing ChaLean Extreme and P90X. I ordered INSANITY this past Friday and can't wait to start:happy:
  • williaa
    williaa Posts: 2
    Options
    The calories you burn are equivalent to what the category I use gives you. That is why I use that one. i have done hour long boot camps and had an arm band montor and burn in excess of 550 calories. So although this system does not have INSANITY as an option the "Judo, Karate etc..." is pretty close.