What to do when you have the flu? Advice

kbdelarosa
kbdelarosa Posts: 183 Member
edited September 25 in Food and Nutrition
Ok, I have been at this for almost 2 months and am down 7 pounds from the top. I have been doing the C25K (completed but now running 45 mintues) and the Shred, alternating days. Started getting sick on Saturday, and haven't had the strength to exercise since. I don't want to screw up my metabolism that I worked so hard to increase! My throat is raw and it hurts to eat. Ugh, I was on such a roll! Wondering what to do/eat. Feels like I may have this a few more days (good times, especially since my 15 month old daughter has it too). Should I just eat 1200 calories worth of soup and jello?

Replies

• FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Rest let your body heal!I would also say eat what you can 1200 is a base number if you eat more it probobly wont hurt.If your having trouble keeping stuff down soup is probobly best.yogurt would probobly help your throat also warm or cold would be best.and tea with honey.I hope you feel better
  • kbdelarosa
    I wonder if I can log in Dayquil and Nyquil under my food log? Ha ha ha!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    I heard that they do have calories,im not sure lol
  • Celo24
    Celo24 Posts: 566 Member
    Ok, I have been at this for almost 2 months and am down 7 pounds from the top. I have been doing the C25K (completed but now running 45 mintues) and the Shred, alternating days. Started getting sick on Saturday, and haven't had the strength to exercise since. I don't want to screw up my metabolism that I worked so hard to increase! My throat is raw and it hurts to eat. Ugh, I was on such a roll! Wondering what to do/eat. Feels like I may have this a few more days (good times, especially since my 15 month old daughter has it too). Should I just eat 1200 calories worth of soup and jello?

Just let your body rest. Drink lots of water and take plenty of time to get better. Your metabolism isn't going to change that quickly and it takes 2-3 weeks to lose fitness. I know it's frustrating but you do have to take care of your body when it is saying it needs a break. Don't worry. We'll all be here to help kick your butt back into your routine when you are better!! :wink:
  • Selaen
    Selaen Posts: 31 Member
    I'm in the same boat; feeling generally rubbish due to a cold..

I'm just giving my body some time to heal. I've worked out with a cold before and only made it worse..

And by god, do NOT go to the gym to get everybody else sick too! One of my pet peeves.. Grrr..... :)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Just rest. Forget logging. Forget exercising. Just let your body heal.
  • kbdelarosa
    I went like 62 over in sugar from sucking on a whole bag of cough drops. I should have gotten sugar free but didn't have the energy to go to CVS! Plus I made hubby go get me a frozen yogurt shake since it's the only thing I can swallow. Shocked I haven't started bouncing off the walls with all the sugar!
This discussion has been closed.