Options
    Homemade soup
    Jacket pot and cottage cheese
    Pitta with chicken and salad or prawns and salad
    Wraps
  • avninjalette123
    avninjalette123 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I usually have, one slice of 100% wheat bread, with a 90 calorie packet of turkey, with one slice of cheddar cheese and mustard. Sometimes I have a pickle slice with it. =]
  • WrenLynn
    WrenLynn Posts: 213
    Options
    Spinach salad with boiled egg and chicken breast. Yummy!
  • CricketClover
    CricketClover Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I usually change it week to week so I don't get bored. This week I am having a wheat frozen waffle with almond butter and a banana and a salad with carrots, bacon pieces, and grapes.
  • eamartin
    eamartin Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Either chicken or salmon with green beans :)
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Soups or chili: make a big batch and freeze into portions for quick meals
    Salad plus a yogurt or a banana
    Sandwich using one piece of bread (frees up calories for extras)
    Egg sandwiches
    Leftovers
    Bean salads (black bean, tomato, corn, salsa, lime juice is really good)
  • joybell32
    joybell32 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    bump for later cause i'm getting bored with the same old stuff!
  • StefBeeney
    Options
    Hummus, a low carb pita, some fresh veggies to dip in my hummus, and some light string cheese

This all totals out to 200-300 calories and by getting different flavors of hummas and different veggies I am ablt to change it up a bit without really impacting the meal...
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    i have been eating leftovers from dinners a few nights before so it doesnt seem like a repeat so soon...when i make dinner i typically make 1-2 "extra" servings and either freeze or keep in fridge to eat that week.....i always add a salad or veggie if there isnt any in the leftover dish....
    yesterday i had chix salad on a sand round...
    some days i have soup (can or homemade) and salad.....

i gave up the frozen ww or lean cuisines maybe a year ago when i saw a news report about the labels/nutritional counts not being accurate for calories, sodium and fat.....i dont miss them at all.....

wraps and sandwich things are good with lunch meat or tuna....
  • dodier01
    dodier01 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Keep the ideas coming! This will absolutely be beneficial!

I usually eat leftover dinners or Hummus with a pita
  • missb92
    missb92 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I used to always struggle to decide on what to have for lunch but lately (probably as a result of this site) ive gotten better.

Today I had scrambled egg on toast. Aswel Ive gotten kind of obsessed with plain bagels filled with either chicken or ham/cheese etc. If you usually have pitta bread, id suggest bulking it up a bit. Ham doesnt seem like a lot to fill you up. Even if you just added some lettuce/cheese maybe or some chicken. Ive often had scrambled egg in pitta bread too...really yummy. Just kinda be creative with what you have in the kitchen! :flowerforyou:
  • Aperyan83
    Aperyan83 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I mix the days up during the week:

Day 1: 2 cups salad of mixed veggies to include, any brand baby spinach, mixed baby herbs, shredded carrots, mushrooms, radishes, and a few dried cranberries (I may or may not add baked chicken breast) no dressing and a baked potato.

Day 2: Natures Own Sandwich with 50 calories Turkey Breast meat, slice of low calorie cheese, no dressing!

Day 3: Baked Swai fish with side of steamed broccoli (or any other steamed veggie), no butter or salt.

Day 4: Portion of chicken breast with side of cabbage (or any other steamed veggie).

Day 5: 2 cups salad of mixed veggies to include, any brand baby spinach, mixed baby herbs, shredded carrots, mushrooms, radishes, and a few dried cranberries (I may or may not add baked chicken breast) no dressing and a baked potato.

•My main concern is to not use condiments like salad dressing, mayo, mustard, ketchup, etc. I try to stay away from them completely.

•I also try to eat only fresh foods and no prepackaged foods like can goods or frozen meals. It is my opinion that they have too much salt.
  • JaimeNay
    JaimeNay Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I love brown rice, black beans (rinsed), rotel, garlic, fesh lime juice, grilled chicken (optional), other grilled veggies (red/yellow bell peppers, onion) and a dollop of homemade guacamole and salsa on top. Stir together in a bowl and enjoy.

Love this and could eat it everyday.
    Satisify's my craving for Mexican food, but in a healthy way. No cheese, no tortilla, no unhealthy sauces, just pure goodness!
  • ShinySpork
    ShinySpork Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Considering lunch for me is small things to eat from 9:30 to 4:30, take this with a grain of salt. ;)

4 - 6 oz Yogurt with 1/4 cup Granola (Organic Cherry Vanilla Granola from Back to Nature is my favorite 'cause it's crunchy)
    1/2 Cup of a Vegetable or spicy 4 oz V8 (cherry tomatoes or carrots slices mostly)
    Portable Fruit (Banana, Apple, Clementine)
    Something sweet (Kellogs Fruit Crisps, True Delights Multigrain Fiber Crisp or 2 - 3 cookies)
    Something substantial (Instant oatmeal [my office has hot water available], 1 cup leftovers [soup, casserole, etc], or tortillas w/ peanut butter)

To keep things more interesting, sometimes I'll swap items for almonds (all kinds of styles), pocky (just 4 sticks, not a full serving), other fruit (cut up a melon or similar on Sunday and portion out in little portable cups for the week). If you prepare lots of different dinners, leftovers are a great way to keep lunches different and cheaper.
  • lucy1508
    lucy1508 Posts: 10
    Options
    thanks for the ideas guys!

Think im going to introduce some eggs into my diet and start having omlettes/scrambled/poached with wholeweat bread at lunch :)
  • Talazws
    Talazws Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    A small portion of last night's dinner with a salad! I love leftovers :)