Just getting started on my new life!

Options
Hi there! I just got started here 2 days ago, and let me tell you it has NOT been easy. I met the man of my dreams a few years ago, and got married. Since then, I have gradually put on weight. About 90lbs. worth. The biggest problem I have, aside from the fact that I am not terribly fond of exercising, is that I LOVE to cook, and my husband and kids love to eat with me. Unfortunately, I am the only one who has gained any weight.

But here I am! I am done being ashamed of the way I look, with or without clothes. My husband is so supportive, even now that I have gained so much. He tells me every day how beautiful I am, and sometimes it helps. But mostly I just smile, and act as if I had temporary hearing loss. I am ready now to do whatever it takes to get back to the real ME!!

Replies

• Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You have come to a great place!
  • Katiebug84
    Options
    Good for you! You can do this!
  • MissTizz
    MissTizz Posts: 39
    Options
    GOOOO YOU! This website has been really inspiring and helpful to me in just TWO DAYS!
    Good luck with everything!
  • TaraLawrence11
    TaraLawrence11 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am newish too, 1 month in and this site is amazing!!! It has never felt like a diet to me and I am more positive and determined than I have ever been before!!

Good Luck on your journey....
    I know you can do this!!
  • agmills
    agmills Posts: 1
    Options
    I also love this web site! It helps just keeping track of my food and exercise.
  • remembertheharddrive
    remembertheharddrive Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I think I might start telling my grandmother this lesson when she asks why I'm not married.. "If I'm too happy and cooking for a man all the time, I'll gain weight. It's in my best interest to stay healthy, fit and single." Haha.

I wrote a blog entry about this just yesterday - about how no matter how good the intentions are, when someone tells you you're beautiful and attractive at a weight and fitness level that you're not happy about, it can be just as counterproductive as it is supportive. Your husband sounds like a great guy who is going to supportive no matter what!

Good luck as you start your journey back to premarital fitness!
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I think I might start telling my grandmother this lesson when she asks why I'm not married.. "If I'm too happy and cooking for a man all the time, I'll gain weight. It's in my best interest to stay healthy, fit and single." Haha.

I wrote a blog entry about this just yesterday - about how no matter how good the intentions are, when someone tells you you're beautiful and attractive at a weight and fitness level that you're not happy about, it can be just as counterproductive as it is supportive. Your husband sounds like a great guy who is going to supportive no matter what!

Good luck as you start your journey back to premarital fitness!

I agree! My husband was like this with me, and I was just confused, why he would say these things, or lie, often I accused him of being delusional, in fun but really I was hurting. How could I be beautiful.

I watched a show recently, with a sex and relationship therapist, it was a two woman couple both had been over weight, one the more male "her own description" and stronger of the two had a gastric by pass surgery. She then felt very insecure and all. And the other woman was feeling very insecure because she is still over weight and all. So the therapist had the two pose separately in front of each other, taking three min to look at each other. Then they met with a sketch artist, who drew what each of the girls described about themselves, and their partner. When they were all done they compared the four sketches. They each saw themselves much worse than they looked, and they each saw each other more beautiful then they looked.

So it made me think that really maybe my husband see's me as beautiful no matter what. I have felt a lot better since. And am very much more open to him telling me so.
  • angeleyes192
    angeleyes192 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    :wink: Just keep on believing in you, you can do it
  • GeekMomma42
    Options
    Welcome. I'm on day 10 and it has been great. People are genuinely supportive and helpful here. I like having a group of people who are going through what I'm going through and celebrating the mini victories with me. They are right ... losing weighr with firends is easier.

Your story sounds a lot like mine. I had a hard time finding a picture of me for my profile. If you are looking for a friend to motivate you, please feel free to add me. Good journey to the new you!