Has anyone found a really good cleanse?

Options
Hi everyone, I would really like to find a good cleanse to use to help me get rid of all of the processed foods in my body. My trainer used one that you did 3 shakes a day along with vitamins and then fruits and vegtables with it. I am hoping to find something similar to this. Does anyone have any reccomendations? Any insight would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!

Replies

• Maurey
    Maurey Posts: 44
    Options
    I like "The Fast Track Detox Diet" and "The Fat Flush Plan" by Ann Louise Gittleman.
  • MissTizz
    MissTizz Posts: 39
    Options
    I like the sound of the one your trainer did!
    I should prob do something like this too!!
    Hope people post some good ideas.
  • circadianswing
    circadianswing Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    only time with better foods cleanse your body... with that said, if you'd like to give your body a natural quick fix, I recommend a sea salt cleanse. It's basically a few tea/tablespoons in about 8 cups of warm water. You can look it up on google, and after a couple hours, a few stretching exercises, you can enjoy the day in your bathroom.
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    The best way is to eat lots of fruits and veggies and drink lots of water.... the shake they were using was probably high in sugar... (which defeats the purpose) made with fruit.... whole fruit is better than fruit juice... and full of vitamines... so what will work is fresh fruits and veggies lots of water and make sure you are taking your vitamin supplements...

once you start feeling better then add in the whole grains....

There is no miracle cleanse, fruit and veggies will produce the same effect.
  • hmschultz
    hmschultz Posts: 32
    Options
    I have heard great things about the Shakeology cleanse from Beachbody, but I have not tried it myself.
  • AQHAShowgirl
    AQHAShowgirl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend the Wild Rose Herbal D-Tox. It's a 12 Day Cleanse and I feel fabulous afterwards!! I've done it 4 or 5 times now and have several friends that are now fans. Two thumbs up!!
  • salad37
    salad37 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    the sea salt water is very effective that is if you can stomache drinking it lol, me and my friend done it, well she did, i almost threw up several times before i swallowed any, but biy did it work she said, a simple colon cleanse using a home enema kit is also very effective, unexpensive and you can do it alone and in the comfort of your own home x
  • ShannonWinger
    ShannonWinger Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I like "The Fast Track Detox Diet" and "The Fat Flush Plan" by Ann Louise Gittleman.

I second this. This is a great diet and teaches you how to eat clean. Great for rebooting your mind for eating better in the future. I started off my year with this diet. There's no reason to deprive yourself and starve. Just eat cleansing foods.
  • cheangela
    cheangela Posts: 173
    Options
    Eat to Live by Dr Fuhrman forced a good 12lbs off of me in 3 weeks. I felt amazing.
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    eating clean is the best cleanse, cleanses are fine for short term but long term its not going to help you do anything and the short term perceived weight loss is just excess waste being dumped from the body, fruit, veggies, lean proteins and good carbs/fats are the way to go if you really want long term results. Here is a great example and an easy to follow chart of good food choices. http://www.beachbody.com/category/michis_ladder.do