Fat Burning System?!

Options
Okay, I know someone was talking about this on here a while ago, but I cant remember the name. It has a guys name in it. & it's a fat burning system. you like eat everything you want one day, then fast, then have a shake or something the next? I don't know exactly, but I want to try it & someone posted a really good blog on it and I can't find it anywhere. Help!

Replies

• ChuckgM3
    ChuckgM3 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Doesn't sound familiar but I'm curious now.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Are you talking about the Tim Ferriss 4 Hour Body thing? I know that he advocates some weirdly strict way of eating and then basically pigging out 1 day a week...
  • Bdmiller42
    Bdmiller42 Posts: 149
    Options
    Yea thats not a great Idea when your body isnt getting what it needs you go into starvation shock mode (metabolism slows body starts using energy from else where) and you dont lose weight your body will try to restore everything it can when u finally do eat.Also your risking losing majority of your energy,fatigue,nausia,head aches and chances of fainting..
  • bobball
    bobball Posts: 57
    Options
    agree with Bdmiller42. This sounds like a very bad, and not a healthy idea. All you have to do these days to make a mint is come up with a "new" idea about how to lose weight with little regard for safety or ignore what actually has been proven to work the best in the long run.

Losing a couple pounds a week, slow and steady is very healthy for you and the best way to do it. Doctors, and health experts (who aren't selling something) agree.

The best infomormation I've seen on healthy fat loss (notice I did not say weight loss) is by Tom Venuto. He has the best selling info book on the internet for nearly a decade now. I highly recommend either buying it, here is my book review http://buildmuscle-burnthefat.blogspot.com/ or finding someone who can get you a copy if you don't want to spend any money. It is that good.

Bob