Help for eating out please...

Options
First off, I'm new here so I hope it's okay to start a new post? I am helping my daughter throw a surprise 25th birthday for her boyfriend this Saturday evening. She's chosen Tumbleweed Southwestern Grill for the dinner, and then is bringing a bday cake. I have tried to find nutrition info on Tumbleweed on their website, but they don't provide it. I did find several items listed on here, and was appalled to see how much fat and calories their food has, but not really surprised.

I don't like Tumbleweed's food at all and even their salads are high fat. Even their "steamed" veggies are 12 grams of fat! What are they steamed in? lard? lol! I don't want to cause a fuss or upset my daughter, but I really don't think they have much I can eat in good consciousness. My thought is to eat before I go and then just nibble on a meat-free, cheese-free salad and sip an iced tea and enjoy a small, small piece of cake....what do all y'all think?

Thanks so much!

Laura

Replies

• krwtvl02
    krwtvl02 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Sirloin Steak (Tumbleweed Restaurant - Sirloin Steak- 6 oz.)
    Serving Size: 6 oz., Calories: 367, Fat: 23g, Carbs: 1g, Protein: 37g

Tumbleweed Burger (Roy Rogers)
    Serving Size: 1 Sandwich, Calories: 480, Fat: 29g, Carbs: 0g, Protein: 0g

Chicken Chop Salad (Tumbleweed)
    Serving Size: 1 lunch size, Calories: 496, Fat: 16g, Carbs: 47g, Protein: 41g

This is what I found. Hope this helps. Everything in that restaurant is sooo high in calories. The only other thing I can tell you is to maybe skip breakfast and use your lunch/dinner calories for the restaurant since its only a one time event.

You can add me as your friend if you like.

:smile:
  • pretentiouskate
    Options
    Maybe a side salad? Vegetarian option without the cheese? Steak houses seem to be the worst for low-cal options!
  • LKSmith61
    LKSmith61 Posts: 10
    Options
    Thank you both for the ideas and the calories/fat on those items. I take Alli so I don't go over 15 grams of fat at a meal. I like the idea of asking for a vegetarian salad and can eat lightly through the rest of my day. Thanks again!!

Laura
  • LKSmith61
    LKSmith61 Posts: 10
    Options
    Well it all turned out to be much easier than I had anticipated...I got a bad case of strep last week which left my tummy upset off and on so that gave me an excuse right oft the bat not to eat much. Then when I really looked at their menu, I found a plain baked potato which was the perfect option! Had just a tiny scant teaspoon of sour cream and about 1/2 the potato and voila, problem solved! Oh, and the birthday cake was awful so two bites of that was enough! And it was a great surprise party for my daughter's boyfriend!

Thanks again and Happy 1st day of Spring! :flowerforyou:

Laura