Healthy, Big Breakfasts!

IdaBetances
IdaBetances Posts: 79 Member
edited September 25 in Food and Nutrition
This is a nice article on Breakfast, The most important meal of the day!
I am going to have to start adding calories to my breakfast.
Enjoy! :drinker: :wink:

http://www.beachbody.com/product/p90x-online/newsletters/p90xnl_072.do?social_fb_p90x

Replies

• Nysie5
    Nysie5 Posts: 215 Member
    bump
  • bellatiamarie
    bellatiamarie Posts: 14 Member
    very helpful... thanks!
  • yesenia007
    yesenia007 Posts: 11 Member
    great article.
  • Ral263
    Ral263 Posts: 318 Member
    My breakfasts are ALWAYS the biggest meal of my day-- a lot of people, myself included, find that "front loading" calories prevents you from getting too hungry later on in the day.

If you look at my diary, you can see my huge breakfast, :)

Some of my other favorites are
    Whole Wheat French Toast topped with Greek Yogurt creme and sauteed bananas,
    Pumpkin Walnut Oatmeal
    Cinnamon Banana Blueberry protein pancakes

"Carrot Cake" Oatmeal (You micro a few oz of grated carrot while making the oatmeal, along with raisins, cinnamon, allspice, and nutmeg and vanilla; top with a sprinkling of walnuts, and a dollop of Greek yogurt mixed with stevia to mimic "cream cheese" frosting")
  • rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    My breakfasts are ALWAYS the biggest meal of my day-- a lot of people, myself included, find that "front loading" calories prevents you from getting too hungry later on in the day.

Pumpkin Walnut Oatmeal

"Carrot Cake" Oatmeal (You micro a few oz of grated carrot while making the oatmeal, along with raisins, cinnamon, allspice, and nutmeg and vanilla; top with a sprinkling of walnuts, and a dollop of Greek yogurt mixed with stevia to mimic "cream cheese" frosting")

Okay now, enough of making the big girl hungry!!! lol.... That all sounds sooo delicious, esp the greek yogurt creme on the french toast.
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    I'm a big fan of the big breakfast! It makes a difference in how I feel (and how I eat) for the whole day.
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    great article....thanks!
  • joybell32
    joybell32 Posts: 252 Member

Pumpkin Walnut Oatmeal

OMGoodness!!! Care to share some of these recipes????? Pumpkin walnut oatmeal and cinnamon banana blueberry protien panckaes?
  • kent4j
    kent4j Posts: 391 Member
    Great article-thanks!
  • kent4j
    kent4j Posts: 391 Member
    I'd love the recipes also. Pumpkin is my fav!
  • Ral263
    Ral263 Posts: 318 Member
    Here's a few of the recipes:

Pumpkin Oatmeal: I halve the milk and double the pumpkin and add chopped walnuts: http://www.imagelicious.com/blog/post/Pumpkin-Pie-Bruleed-Oatmeal

Pancakes with Banana and Blueberries (I add in Bananas to the batter) http://www.answerfitness.com/124/low-fat-oatmeal-protein-pancakes-cottage-cheese-healthy-recipes/

The French Toast is just egg whites, vanilla, stevia/splenda, a dash of skim milk and cinnamon all whipped together, then use 100% whole wheat bread dipped in. Cook in a PAM coated skillet until browned on each side.

While those are cooking, chop bananas into coins, then quarter each coin. Coat a separate skillet with PAM; add bananas, cook on medium until browned and caramelized. Top the french toast with the banana combo; dust with more cinnamon.
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    I do not know what you consider big but here is my typical breakfast
    2 whole eggs
    2 egg whites
    1 to 2 cups spinach
    1/4 a green or red pepper
    3-4 mushrooms precooked
    made into an omlete
    4 slices of butterball turkey bacon (I know its processed but I love it)
    and a large cup of tea to wash it all down
    total cals 360.
  • IdaBetances
    IdaBetances Posts: 79 Member

Pumpkin Walnut Oatmeal

That sounds yummy!
  • lilmisslanna
    lilmisslanna Posts: 104 Member
    bump
This discussion has been closed.