Hello

Options
Hi,
I was referred to this site by a friend I trust. My weight has always been an issue, pretty much ever since I can remember. I have yo-yo dieted, been addicted to exercise, done weight watchers, Atkins, pretty much anything you can think of, I have tried it. I have finally realized over the last 6 months that I cannot do this by myself. Everyone on this site seems supportive and wonderful. My weight issues are mostly emotional/mental, but every time I lose weight, I forget to really address those core issues, I just address the symptoms instead of the cause.... I am rambling. Anyway, thanks to the creators and members of this site, I am already feeling more optimistic and less alone than I have felt in a long time. I look forward to this experience (the good and the bad parts).
Sally

Replies

• smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    Welcome to MFP....it sure is a great place to be =)
  • Ava_Jane
    Ava_Jane Posts: 11
    Options
    I'm glad to add you as a friend. I've only been on here for about a week and already feeling supported and motivated! Good luck! We can do this!!
  • mimstero
    mimstero Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you! This website is awesome!!!
  • SteveC_71
    SteveC_71 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Well you have come to the right place - you'll get all the support you need. Just don't be too shy to ask there is always someone here that can help or is in the same situation.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you want :)
  • sillysal1818
    Options
    Wow, instant support from several positive people also in the same boat as me, I am stunned. Thank you for your responses and would love to be all of your friends. Good luck this week in your fitness goals, can't wait to hear how it goes!
  • kelbel76
    kelbel76 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck to you!
  • ladonne73
    ladonne73 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!!! This is a wonderful site!!!! Feel free to add me if you'd like!!! :flowerforyou:
  • robertboyd
    Options
    Good luck, I'm new here as well and really nice to see other newbies.