IVE BEEN SLIPPING (HELP)

Options
I have been slipping up on my diet lately! We started hanging out with this girl from work and her boyfriend and even though I still watch the foods im eating, we eat out more, and I know thats why im only maintaining here of late! I need a big boost in the butt, to get me going again...any tips with those of you who may have struggled in the past ?

Replies

• vanadia
    vanadia Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Stick to your calories. Since MFP I've definately cut back on going out to eat because it's hard to find a low-cal option while eating out. But when I do eat out, I try to go someplace that has nutrition info on their website and I plan my meal before I even step foot in the restaurant. Then I know what I'm allowed to have and that eating out won't ruin my whole day.
  • ashleighk2010
    Options
    Drink extra water on the days you go out because any prepared food is going to have a ton of sodium.

I agree with checking out the menus before you walk in. =]
  • Trozendaal
    Options
    ME TOO! Ugh! This is such a great tool, but lately I just haven't wanted to use it the right way. I am blaming some of my issues on tom, but REALLY do I need to slip up once a month--NO. Just trying to re-jumpstart myself now, and take it one day at a time.
  • KirstyLea3
    Options
    Forward planning always works for me...if I know I'm going out, I make sure I get some fitness in before work, and the day before and after to ensure I'm levelling things out in the long run.

Try to walk to the restaurants, park further away so at least your walking some of it off before/ after your meal.

i think you can still get your evenings out, you just have to try to be strict on the other days. :)
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Same problem. I'm stress eating because my Grandmother is on hospice care and is expected to die any day. I told myself this morning...its a new day, and I'm going to be good...then someone brought donuts...so I'm now saying Supper is a new meal...All I can do!
  • pretentiouskate
    Options
    For the OP, it's totally cool to be the "salad, dressing on the side, no cheese no croutons" girl. Honestly. Or the "veggie pizza, no cheese, no oil" girl. Tell people you're lactose intolerant. Tell them you're on a diet. Tell 'em that you're trying to eat more healthy and get in shape and maybe would they like to come over for dinner rather than going out? Potluck! Have a meal at home and meet up for a drink - have sparkling water or nurse a booze+diet soda all night.

Do ACTIVE! things as a group - go bowling! miniature golf! disk golf! go carting! whatever sounds good :)
    Same problem. I'm stress eating because my Grandmother is on hospice care and is expected to die any day. I told myself this morning...its a new day, and I'm going to be good...then someone brought donuts...so I'm now saying Supper is a new meal...All I can do!

I'm sorry to hear that! In moments of extreme stress, comfort foods are, well, damn comforting, aren't they?
  • callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Who do love more, this girl or yourself? If you love yourself first and put yourself at the center of your priorities then no one else’s agenda gets to trump your own. You have made a commitment to yourself to unleash your healthier, slimmer body. Honor it.

Don’t tell yourself that you’re going to take care of yourself and then break your promise. Honor your commitment to yourself. You deserve it, and only you can do it. Why should you make someone else feel good by doing what they want to do at the expense of your own goals? You have to be the center of your own life.