What's your exercise plan?

Macacadopai
Macacadopai Posts: 183 Member
edited September 25 in Fitness and Exercise
Just curious to see what different exercises ppl do :) Maybe we can all get some new ideas for workouts from each other :)
I run 35min
weights arms/feet every other day (+core)
20min elliptical
And an exercise video a couple of nights a week :)

Replies

• ChessRonin
    ChessRonin Posts: 160 Member
    I started climbing recently. Love it. If you're in decent shape, you should definitely give it a try.

Just as an added incentive, it burns a TON of calories (more than any aerobic activity) and causes huge strides in strength. Also, did I mention it's super fun?
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    I love the Les Mills classes run by my gym. I try to get to 2 Pump classes a week (that's weights/ strength), at least one Balance (yoga/ tai chi inspired), one or more Combat (cardio) and something different, either zumba or circuits. If my schedule really doesn't allow me to get to those classes, I'll maybe do an indoor triathlon (10 mins rowing machine, 10 mins, bike, 10 mins treadmill) or if I've missed some strength sessions I'll go on the machines and do lat pulls/ arm curls/ bench and chest presses.

I also go Scottish dancing one night a week, which doesn't really burn enough to count as cardio exercise, but is still great fun!

Add in a few long walks with the dog at weekends, plus if I'm being very good I try to do 2x20 squats and press-ups every day. But sometimes those get forgotten about!
  • ldon37
    ldon37 Posts: 145 Member
    I alternate between biking/spinning, running, and elliptical. I've started adding in strength training dvds. Yesterday I had a big cardio day: did a 45-min spinning class, then did 20 min. on elliptical, then 20 min run on treadmill. Today I did 35 min on elliptical then did Melt It Off Cardio Burn and Sculpt (40 min) dvd by Mitch Gaylord. Plan to bike OUTSIDE tomorrow for an hour+ as it is supposed to finally be nice out. I just ordered the Insanity workout (gulp). Plan to start that soon.
  • Jennyzfit
    Jennyzfit Posts: 175 Member
    My exercising usually alternates from cardio to weight lifting and gym exercise strengthening classes. I seem to be attending the New Body classes at my gym. Those are great for balance and muscle toning. Lots of cardio seems to keep my weight in track. Oh yes I also do the weight circuit when not doing the classes. Getting stronger and toning those muscles feels great.
  • mxtinaj
    mxtinaj Posts: 36
    (If I can't make it to the gym ) HOME:
    -Jog in place either 10-20 mins
    -Belly dance either 40-80 mins
    -Yoga either 30, 60 or 90 mins
    (depending what time I get home from work)

GYM:
    -Cross Trainer 60-90 mins
    -Stationary Bike 20-30 mins
    -Treadmill 20-30 mins

WEEKENDS:
    -Hiking at Puddingstone Trail 1hour
  • SarcasticKliker
    SarcasticKliker Posts: 3 Member
    I joined a new program at my gym 3 weeks ago and I love it. It is twice a week-Mondays and Thursdays. It is combined circuit training and cardio with a surprise boot camp thrown in as I learned last night.

You do one set of 15 reps of 5 different circuit training excercises (e.g. sumo squats with hand weights, dead lifts with weights, ab work on ball or captain chair or mat, step work, work with the weight bar like bicep curls, plank work on the ball and on the mat, etc) and then you do 10 minutes of cardio on a machine of choice.

You repeat this twice more but with different circuit exercises and a different cardio machine each time so that you never work the same muscles. It is non stop for one hour.

Tuesdays I do stretching and a 30 minute cardio.

Wednesdays I do a 30 minute cardio with some weight training for abs and glutes.

Friday is an off day.

Saturdays - 30 min. cardio and abs/glutes strengthening

Sunday is an off day

I also walk my dog for about 30 minutes in the evenings.

I get bored easily so following the program twice a week gives me something different to do. The trainer also showed us lots of different exercises to do.
This discussion has been closed.