Hi from Scotland

Bruer
Bruer Posts: 7
edited September 25 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone, I'm 45 and 2 years ago i had a hysterectomy. I also stopped smoking around that time. Result.......two and a half stone heavier :( Back then i used to think it would be great to lose some weight, Now i would just like to get back to the weight i was! I have been using MFP for the last month and i'm delighted to have lost 8lbs :) Little steps!

Replies

• welcome and well done! thts fantastic keep it up
  • possummama
    possummama Posts: 96 Member
    glad to meet you :)
  • bluehooked
    bluehooked Posts: 80 Member
    Hi from Scotland as well and good luck. Add as a friend if you want to.
  • Upsy_Daisy
    Upsy_Daisy Posts: 15 Member
    Hello,
    I know where your coming from, I had the same operation in Jan 2010 and now 2 stone heavier. I quit smoking not long before my operation which I know has caused me to gain weight. I have never felt so hungry in all my life, espcially as now I can taste things more.

I'm from Hampshire but married to a scotsman !

Rach x
  • wenders123
    wenders123 Posts: 338 Member
    Hi there from Yorkshire,

This is a great site, both for food tracking and for motivational support from 'friends'.

I'm also married to a Scotsman .....
  • Dragonfly1996
    Dragonfly1996 Posts: 196 Member
    Hello from England & well done on the 8lb loss, ESP after going through all that trauma!! Good luck with losing the rest - this site is really helpful!! Feel free to add me if you want ;0)
  • bayles1
    bayles1 Posts: 408 Member
    Good luck and best wishes in achieving your targets and continuing your good work.
  • curran80
    curran80 Posts: 77
    Hi

I am also from Scotland, welcome. You have aready done so well on your weight loss.

Feel free to add me
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 854 Member
    Hi..from Grand Rapids Michigan! Good Job!! It's hard, isn't it? I've fought this battle my whole life. I look back at pictures and stuff, remembering I thought i was fat then. What I wouldn't give to be that weight again! I'm looking at it in little batches this time. First goal is to get under 200#, then from the 190's to the 180's and so on. MFP has been very helpful so far, I've only been at this for 2 weeks. But great job for you. 8# is a lot. I'm not there yet. i look forward to seeing how your journey goes.:happy:
  • srussell1108
    srussell1108 Posts: 20 Member
    That is great and I know how you feel. When I was in college I was never happy with my weight and always thought I wanted to lose some to compete with the other girls in college, now I have a lot longer road to follow than those few pounds, lol. :laugh:
  • Bruer
    Bruer Posts: 7
    Thank you so much for the great welcome !! I've lost 2lbs each week since i started, Must admit a friend went to WW and lost 8lbs the first week and i felt very deflated with my 2lb loss but as i see it come off week after week i'm thrilled with my 2lbs. Still haven't been through all the site or worked out the exercise part so still lots to learn. Thanks again, hope to chat to you all soon, have a great day :)
  • welcome mfp is so awsome.
  • Angela1303
    Angela1303 Posts: 33 Member
    Hey, im another one from Scotland! Well done on your 8lb loss!
    x
This discussion has been closed.