what's better??? High fat, high carbs??

Options
Ok so going to lunch with my bf. We're hitting up buffalo wild wings. My question is this....What's better for me to eat. I combed through the menu looking for healthier options. My choices are the grilled chicken salad - no dressing or the grilled chicken wrap.

The columns below are calories, carbs, fat grams, protein, fiber and sodium.

Buffalo Wild Wings - Grilled Chicken Salad (Official), 1 Salad 409 20 38 55 6 790
Buffalo Wild Wings - Grilled Chicken Wrap, 1 Wrap 600 68 14 54 6 1,980

I'm going to have salmon and Green beans for dinner = and exercising later, yes!

The salad has higher fat grams (38), but fewer calories. . . Help?!

Replies

• Timolyn
    Timolyn Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    It would depend on what you plan on doing for the rest of your day.
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    I pick the salad
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    The salad for a few reasons, the caloires, and the amount of sodium 790 vs 1980 (1500 mg/day is recommended, although this site uses 2500) even using the 2500 the wrap would use 80% of your daily sodium.

I am assuming that the 38gs of fat for the salad include dressing, if not what would add that much fat?
  • splashwags
    splashwags Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I'd go salad, fewer calories, lower sodium.... But also what are you planning exercise wise
  • workoutqueen628
    Options
    Go for the salad- the higher fat is prob. taking into account the dressing -- leave it off or just use a drizzle of it, then it will be a lot less fat!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options

Ditto
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    id say salad dressing on the side
  • racheyanne1
    Options

Ditto

The fat is in the cheese - no dressing. . . I'm planning to exercise yea - and have salmon and green beans for dinners.
  • misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    My guess is that the salad fat count includes the dressing and/or cheese. If you skip those 2, or at least any cheese and do dressing on the size, the salad is definitely a better choice.
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I would do the salad...for 2 reasons...(1) lower calories...(2) lower carbs

I like the no cheese and dressing on the side suggestion...I do the "dip fork in dressing" method before sticking my fork in the salad
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    Yep, salad, because of the high carbs and higher sodium in the wrap (and I'll guarantee the carbs in that aren't whole grains). The higher fat isn't great, but better than the alternative.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Just pick the one you would prefer to have.

In the context of your overall diet say over the course of a month the choice you make will be negligible. It's about what you do the 90% or so of the time which will have a real bearing (within reason of course. If you are eating out / consuming a high % of junk everyday then expect the worst!)

Have a good time.
  • AdamATGATT
    AdamATGATT Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I'd go for the salad as well.