Lean Cuisine recall!!

Options

Replies

• Bearface115
    Bearface115 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Holy Crap... pesto was my fav on too.....:explode: :angry: :mad: :devil: :noway: :noway: :sad: :cry: :brokenheart: :brokenheart: :frown: :indifferent:
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    The article was from November 2008.
  • wmubuffettfan
    wmubuffettfan Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Here is the latest one:

Consumer Alert: Lean Cuisine Recall
    POSTED: 9:07 pm MST March 14, 2011
    UPDATED: 9:13 pm MST March 14, 2011

PHOENIX -- Giant Food and Stop & Shop recalled select Lean Cuisine frozen chicken meals, made by Nestle Prepared Foods Co., because they may contain small pieces of plastic.
    The following meals are included in the recall: 9.5-ounce packages of Pesto Chicken with Bow Tie Pasta with production code 8280595912; 10.5-ounce packages of Chicken Mediterranean with production codes 8231595912, 8241595912, 8263595912, 8269595911, 8291595912 or 8301595912; and 12.5-ounce packages of Chicken Tuscan with production codes 8234595911, 8253595911, 8269595912, 8292595911 or 8296595911.
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    There's a lot of mixed up info out there because people are picking up the old recall and mistaking it for the current one. Here is the current recall: http://www.nestleusa.com/PubNews/PressReleaseLibraryDetails.aspx?id=AAFF5D0B-F874-4DC4-B7C0-C6B9B1BBDA51
  • humpalc
    humpalc Posts: 140
    Options
    Thanks for catching the mixed up link - I heard it on the news this AM and did a quick search on my phone so I could post something - should have been more careful - regardless, if you eat the meals, make sure yours are safe :)
  • leasah
    leasah Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    If Im reading it right this is just for the spaghetti and meatballs, right?
  • dirtmaster88
    Options
    Thanks for posting, I was going to eat one of these today! They were running a special here $1.49 each if you buy 10 so I picked up a whole bunch!
  • Mirabilis
    Mirabilis Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Handy hint on the Lean Cuisines: if the chicken (or tomatoes, for that matter) taste or smell at all metallic, don't eat it. The "gone bad" smell doesn't smell rotten, just weirdly metallic. That goes for any processed food.

That's not going to help on the "bits of plastic in the alfredo" though heh.
  • nomoremuffintopness
    nomoremuffintopness Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    so spaghetti and meatball is the only one recalled?
  • humpalc
    humpalc Posts: 140
    Options
    looks like this one is just spaghetti and meatballs, yes ;)

"USDA said so far no one has been hurt from eating the entrees although it received complaints from consumers in Minnesota, South Dakota and Wisconsin. The Lean Cuisine meals were sold at stores in states east of the Rocky Mountains. Nestle said consumers complained about finding bits of hard, red plastic in the meatball portion of the meals.

Included in the recall are 9.5-ounce packages of Lean Cuisine Simple Favorites, Spaghetti with Meatballs with the establishment number P-7991 and the case code of 0298595519P. The meals have a best-by date of November 2011 printed on the side of the package."
  • nomoremuffintopness
    Options
    Thank you, just wanted to make sure because I have a Lean Cuisine for lunch
  • kimiel
    kimiel Posts: 108
    Options
    Thanks!!
  • nomoremuffintopness
    Options
    looks like this one is just spaghetti and meatballs, yes ;)

"USDA said so far no one has been hurt from eating the entrees although it received complaints from consumers in Minnesota, South Dakota and Wisconsin. The Lean Cuisine meals were sold at stores in states east of the Rocky Mountains. Nestle said consumers complained about finding bits of hard, red plastic in the meatball portion of the meals.

Included in the recall are 9.5-ounce packages of Lean Cuisine Simple Favorites, Spaghetti with Meatballs with the establishment number P-7991 and the case code of 0298595519P. The meals have a best-by date of November 2011 printed on the side of the package."

My co-worker was just about to eat this! I told her they were just recalled and she threw it out. I just saved someone, yay! Thanks again