I need to loose 25 more lbs

Options
I want to loose 25 more pounds and I seem to be stuck at 152 any suggestions on what to do to break this???Eat less? work out more..Pleas help.

Replies

• Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    I get the same way, right at 152lb nothing happens, relax take a breath, add more and different cardio for a week, then switch again. Confuse your body a bit. Whatever you do don't go below what you need in calories that will just make you plateau for longer.
  • CassieH818
    CassieH818 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Same here! Im stuck at 185 & I want to lose 25 more! Up your calories for a week and see what the scale says..Maybe you need to change up your workout routine a little and start something new!
  • sarahjeanw82
    sarahjeanw82 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    thanks so much!
  • sarahjeanw82
    Options
    thanks so much!
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    You might also find the links below helpful...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61706-guide-to-calorie-deficit

This is just a part of it! please read the link above

Generally someone with a BMI over 32 can do a 1000 calorie a day (2 lbs a week) deficit
    With a BMI of 30 to 32 a deficit of 750 calories is generally correct (about 1.5 lbs a week)
    With a BMI of 28 to 30 a deficit of 500 calories is about right (about 1 lb a week)
    With a BMI of 26 to 28 a deficit of about 300 calories is perfect (about 1/2 lb a week)
    and below 26... well this is where we get fuzzy. See now you're no longer talking about being overweight, so while it's still ok to have a small deficit, you really should shift your focus more towards muscle tone, and reducing fat. This means is EXTRA important to eat your exercise calories as your body needs to KNOW it's ok to burn fat stores, and the only way it will know is if you keep giving it the calories it needs to not enter the famine response (starvation mode)

Good luck on your journey
  • NakitaZuger
    Options
    Try adding weights to your workout. You need to do more than just cardio.
  • jrlenig
    jrlenig Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I will tell you...both that has been the trick in my rut, I changed my routine I do a higher intensity not more time, and I have been eating more ( good things but more). It took forever to push past 152, but finally I weighed in last week at 150.6, on my time of the month, finally done so I weighed again today ( didn't log it since my official day is Saturday!)149.6. And I see abs, I don't have 25 to lose, more like my goal is 140, but I am thinking maybe I could be 135 I am not sure I ever thought I could be 135 but now I think it might be possible!
  • brendagangadin
    Options
    Sometimes when it is that time of the month your weight sticks.
    Also if you are eating any food high in sodium, your body will hold on to more water.
    What I suggest is you eat some salads and protien for a day or two and drink at least 10 glasses of water.
    You should see your weight drop after the two day period.

And don't get fustrated, it happens, just continue what you are doing and you will see the weight shed off. (Maybe not as fast as you like, but it will :)
  • treena99
    treena99 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting this. I am also at 152.4 and basically now at a stand still. I have been eating nothing but Fruits and Veggies.. and I couldn't figure out what's the problem. I work out a lot, but eat very little.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I want to loose 25 more pounds and I seem to be stuck at 152 any suggestions on what to do to break this???Eat less? work out more..Pleas help.

Since you only have 25 to go I would suggest eating more. The closer you get to your goal weight the smaller your caloric deficit should be. Try changing to 1lb/wee weekly loss, if you are currently set up for more.
  • sarahjeanw82
    Options
    Thanks so much for the help!!!!!!! Having people to motivate me is helping....Its great to have people to talk to!!!!