Burst training !

Options
For all those who are into burst training, how often in a week do you do it plus how effective has it bee for you ? Is it better to do after work out as in after strength training or before?

Replies

• vickigee
    vickigee Posts: 36
    Options
    How do you get the walking tracker on your site I have tried and can't get it?
  • polo571
    polo571 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Burst training? Is that the same thing as HIIT training?
  • Gogo76
    Gogo76 Posts: 581
    Options
    For all those who are into burst training, how often in a week do you do it plus how effective has it bee for you ? Is it better to do after work out as in after strength training or before?

What is burst training?
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Is that the same as HIIT? If so I do HIIT once a week, but I don't think there is a recommended minimum or maximum. Just remember as you push harder than regular cardio you will require recovery time, as the sprinting portion is more like anaerobic activity that causes mico tears in the muscle that should have time to rejuvenate prior to pushing hard again.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    For those who are asking what burst training is, because I had to ask myself before replying, I found this article:

http://www.livestrong.com/article/335860-cardio-burst-exercises/

Essentially, it is pretty much HIIT. Insanity is pretty much the prime example of all the burst/HIIT routines.

In that aspect, since I'm doing Insanity, I do it 6x a week.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I do it every other day, I treat it like strength training and give a day of rest in between. I have had great results with it!
  • arwamya
    arwamya Posts: 304
    Options
    It's HIIT .. like sprinting on a treadmill and then slowing down to a walk.. this recovery period thingy is confusing me since my trainer says you need to do it in alternate days because you need to give your body time to rest. I do a proper thorough workout and then i do burst training for almost 10 minutes towards the end of my work out. am i doing it right?
  • arwamya
    arwamya Posts: 304
    Options
    How do you get the walking tracker on your site I have tried and can't get it?

go to tickerfactory.com select exercise and you can customise exercise tickers there