bad day....

so far ive lost about 20 lbs...or 19 or 18 some days.
im 5'4 130 lbs. been stuck at this weight for a month or so and decided to up my calories from 1200 to 1420 a few days ago to see if that helps.
i was anorexic for 4 years but have been recovered for 2 years or so.

so yea...with that being said...
im really freaking out today. i feel huge. i swear i look bigger than i did a few days ago. its insane.
i dont understand why some days im fine and some days i still feel like absolute crap. im in no way anorexic anymore...i understand i need to fuel my body, know that i need to eat (and i do...trust me...i have a hard time not eating). but this is just rediuclous.

yesterday i felt so good. and i was thinking that even tho my goal is 120, if i switched the calories up and changed my exercise and still couldnt get past 130 that maybe this is what im supposed to weigh and i should be happy with that.
and today i wake up and thats all gone and now i feel huge. i know i shouldnt. i know its stupid. but it makes me crazy. 5'4 and 130 is not fat.

i just cant take waking up some days and feeling like this. i want to be confidant and happy and proud of myself like i was yesterday. i want to feel like that all the time...theres no reason not to.

i know its pretty stupid but does anyone else ever get like this? if so what do you do to help yourself feel better? im just so sick of dealing with days like this.
:sad:

Replies

• so far ive lost about 20 lbs...or 19 or 18 some days.
    im 5'4 130 lbs. been stuck at this weight for a month or so and decided to up my calories from 1200 to 1420 a few days ago to see if that helps.
    i was anorexic for 4 years but have been recovered for 2 years or so.

so yea...with that being said...
    im really freaking out today. i feel huge. i swear i look bigger than i did a few days ago. its insane.
    i dont understand why some days im fine and some days i still feel like absolute crap. im in no way anorexic anymore...i understand i need to fuel my body, know that i need to eat (and i do...trust me...i have a hard time not eating). but this is just rediuclous.

yesterday i felt so good. and i was thinking that even tho my goal is 120, if i switched the calories up and changed my exercise and still couldnt get past 130 that maybe this is what im supposed to weigh and i should be happy with that.
    and today i wake up and thats all gone and now i feel huge. i know i shouldnt. i know its stupid. but it makes me crazy. 5'4 and 130 is not fat.

i just cant take waking up some days and feeling like this. i want to be confidant and happy and proud of myself like i was yesterday. i want to feel like that all the time...theres no reason not to.

i know its pretty stupid but does anyone else ever get like this? if so what do you do to help yourself feel better? im just so sick of dealing with days like this.
    :sad:
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    I think you already know the answer to this DITCH THE SCALE! It is evil and was certainly invented by some skinny idiot!

Seriously, I go by how my clothing fits. Believe it or not, I weight more than I did a year ago, but most clothes fit better. I know that I am fit and healthy, not many gals my age can work out like I do and I am happy about that. Sure I would like the scale to show my ideal weight (in my head), but I have energy out the roof and do more that people 10 yrs younger than me. SO THERE!
  • savanuh
    savanuh Posts: 52 Member
    just hang in there. I am 5'4 and i used to be 130 and when i was there i used to think i was fat!!:angry: After having a baby i have balloned up to 175 and now i know what fat looks like and it wasnt at 130!! I am trying my hardest to get back to my pre baby days. jsut dont be so hard on yourself! i am sure you are beautiful:smile:
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    I often feel the same way. I have battled with the "skinny" image most of my life, I had gotten up to 126 about 6 months ago, have since lost 6 pounds, now I am using this site to motivate me to loose the other 5. My goal is 115, which most people say is to small, but that number in my head is my happy number, and no matter what others say, I feel that I will not be satisfied until I get there. Do not feel alone, there are a lot of people out there just like us, but we have to stop and think, I have to make myself healthy, listen to my body and not my eyes! We are all beautiful, we should embrace that.:heart: