This site may change my life

Options
Hi

I am new here and want to say a big thanks to the site creators. I downloaded the app for my android phone not really knowing what it was and it has started to change my life.

I am 25 years old with a BMI of just under 28. Whilst not hugely concerning I am well aware that the longer I leave it to get fit the harder it will be. My problems are two fold. a) diet and b) lack of exercise.

I'm Scottish and we have a taste for fried and unhealthy food, not to mention fizzy drinks and a wee tipple. I've looked at similar sites like this in the past (Weight Watchers, WightLossResources.co.uk) but was put off due to the cost at the end of my trial. I can safely say that this site is better than both of those sites and is free (not sure how this is possible?!).

I hope to lose 4kg in the coming couple of months which will get me down to 80kg. So far so good and I've started thinking about what I eat and drink more than I ever have done before. Seeing the consequences of certain foods is starting to have a real impact on making more healthy choices although I will miss my regular Pizza dinners. I'm not regretting dropping the full sugar version of Irn Bru and Coke for diet varieties.

Replies

• teasha43
    teasha43 Posts: 101
    Options
    Great to meet you. I joined this site in Feb and I am very glad I did...it is a fantastic place with wonderful people. Good luck here:)
  • watchmelose2
    watchmelose2 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Glad to have you here! You are going to love it! Everyone is such a blessing!
    If you want to change your life here are the three things that will work!
    1. Avoid Fat Foods
    2. Eat lots of whole grains , fruits and vegetables
    3. Exercise and walk, walk, walk...

Good luck to you! Hope to get to know you better!
  • Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Welcome:flowerforyou:
  • remembertheharddrive
    remembertheharddrive Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I'll admit that I had to google convert your kg to lbs, but once I did, it looks completely doable! Like Charlie Sheen, you'll be winning in know time!! Just kidding, you don't want to be like Charlie Sheen - as I'm pretty sure his version of MFP is still coke. And not the soft drink. So what is "Irn Bru"?
  • IdaMoreno38
    IdaMoreno38 Posts: 105
    Options
    WELCOME hun! :wink:
    Good Luck and Stay focused!
  • robertboyd
    Options
    Irn Bru is an orange coloured soft drink popular in Scotland. It's really nice and if you ever see if I'd recomend picking it up to try.

On second thoughts you might want to pick up the diet variety as it is full of sugar.