Breastfeeding

Options
Should I add more Calories because I'm breastfeeding?

Replies

• kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Yes, in your food log search "breastfeeding" and then choose the frequency that most closely matches your situation. It will add additional calories to your daily log!
  • Asomething
    Asomething Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    generally speaking, you need an extra 500 calories a day if you are exclusively breastfeeding.
  • yesenia007
    yesenia007 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    yes definitely.
  • jennlloyd
    jennlloyd Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I've heard that you should add around 300-500 calories. You can do this in your food log just type in breastfeeding. I am breastfeeding, but I personally don't do it because I tried adding the extra calories and it just made me gain weight instead. So now I just try not to go under my recommended calories for my weight. Of course everyone is different.
  • shawnbrewer
    Options
    Well I don't want to gain weight. I always gain weight when I breastfeed. I was told if I don't have enough calories I will not make enough milk, that's my only worry!
  • sgk0411
    sgk0411 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm ebf-ing and I aim for 1400-1470 a day.
  • shawnbrewer
    Options
    o.k. cause they got me at 1200 i was thinking just a couple 100 more not the 3 to 5 hundred just a little more i'm hungry LOL I have actually gained weight since i had her Tomorrow was going to combine this web site with weight watchers. WW has to many carbs though. I want this weight off before shes a year old. She turns 5 months this Friday. We have a wedding in Oct. I did WW before I had her and lost 70 pounds, but I also worked out alot. That is so hard to do now.
  • KKOLB1
    KKOLB1 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I breastfed two babies & it didn't help me lose any weight. I didn't add in any calories. I ate what I would normally.