Weight down then up

Feeling a bit disheartened today.

Weighed in yesterday and had lost 3lb over the week, brilliant stuff...........this morning, I don't know why, but I decided to weigh again, just to check (and see the 3lb loss again) but to my horror, I was back to the original weight of the week before, I had lost nothing.

Why does this happen?

I have done nothing differently (cheated or had a 'treat'), so why have I stuck 3lb on overnight?

Talk about disheartening, I can see why a lot of people 'fall off' the calorie plan.

Widdy

Replies

• Widdy1961
    Widdy1961 Posts: 100 Member
    Feeling a bit disheartened today.

Weighed in yesterday and had lost 3lb over the week, brilliant stuff...........this morning, I don't know why, but I decided to weigh again, just to check (and see the 3lb loss again) but to my horror, I was back to the original weight of the week before, I had lost nothing.

Why does this happen?

I have done nothing differently (cheated or had a 'treat'), so why have I stuck 3lb on overnight?

Talk about disheartening, I can see why a lot of people 'fall off' the calorie plan.

Widdy
  • its just normal weight fluctuations. could be water weight, food still in your system, maybe you have to use the bathroom...lots of things contribute to "gaining" 3 lbs overnight.
    trust me.

think of it this way...it takes an extra 3500 calories to gain a lb of fat....so did you eat an extra 10,500 calories last night? i bet not....so dont stress about it.

try not to weigh yourself everyday, and when you do weigh yourself after you pee and at the same time each week.

but trust me....dont stress...i know its hard seeing the numbers go up and down like that....ive been like 6 lbs heavier before and then back down to normal weight the next day. its crazy....
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Same thing here stepped on the scale this morning :sad: up 3 pounds
  • zoepane
    zoepane Posts: 209
    FIRST OF ALL DONT WEIGH IN EVERYDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    once a week is fine
    you may of had something salty
    its just how the body works
    dont worry, and pick one day a week to weigh in:wink:
  • smsmithart
    smsmithart Posts: 26 Member
    I know I hate that it like my body has to try on the new weight before it commits...
  • DeannaK
    DeannaK Posts: 178 Member
    I know I hate that it like my body has to try on the new weight before it commits...

well said :flowerforyou:
  • i weigh every day. day one - no change, day two - no change, day three - no change... on day 10 or 11, i get on the scale and i've lost between 2-4 pounds, depending. Weight is strange. don't let it get to you. If your clothes are getting looser, then your body is getting smaller. Just keep doin it!!!!
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    here's what happens to me like that.

I am so busy on the weekends that I snack and usually only have one meal.

fruit, yogurts, juices, veggies and low carb high fiber stuff for snaking.....

so i figure, hey, I have run all weekend and not really eating a whole lot and stayed active, I feel great, probably lost 1 or 1/2 lbs, right??

Now, gained 1....

so how can that be??