Need Help Please??

Options
I am new to this board and DH and I are going camping this weekend in the woods with our popup. There are no services so it will be pretty much rustic type camping. Any ideas on healthy camping type foods that I can take to stay on track with my diet?

Replies

• Biggestloserfan
    Options
    I am new to this board and DH and I are going camping this weekend in the woods with our popup. There are no services so it will be pretty much rustic type camping. Any ideas on healthy camping type foods that I can take to stay on track with my diet?
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Carrots and Celery.
    Jerky is decent if you read the ingred list and get the good stuff. (It is high in protien.)
    I do Hard Boiled eggs and grapes on the boat. And I make sandwiches. Or Salads.
    Bag O Salad is a pretty niffty thing to take with you. It is already made, and comes in a Handy Dandy bag.
    :wink: :laugh:
    --Diann...
  • bbright53
    Options
    Nothing is better than soup cooked over a campfire. Lots of veggies and chicken or very lean meat.
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    a big bag of apples, crunchy granola bars are great snacks.
  • Biggestloserfan
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your great ideas. I did take lots of fruits and veggies and some nature valley yogurt bars. I did have a little gain from some water retention because I know I did not go over calories but I know that it will take no time to get back into my routine and get that off. I appreciate the help!!