Mirena and Weight Gain, Fella's ask your wife!

Options
Ok, so about a month ago I got the Mirena after being on the pill for a while. I have not lost anything but a pound since then. I am about to go CRAZY!!! Measurements haven't moved either. Have an appointment Wednesday and it may have to go. Anyone else having this issue?

Please Note: I have cycled my calories, changed my workouts, checked my measurements, and taken photos. Nothing has changed in 30 days! I am burning at least 500 cal per day, most days more. I am always under my calories and I am eating clean.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    for the first few weeks in january after mine was put in i was sooo bloated. it went away on it's own and i started to lose weight
  • Blr31977
    Blr31977 Posts: 49
    Options
    I think you're probably just a little bloated.. It happened to me when I first got it.. Give it a little more time.
  • lbvancura
    Options
    I have had mine in for over a year, and things evened out after about six weeks in.
  • Michelle_isthebestest
    Options
    I have had mine for almost a year and Im not having this problem. Sorry :(
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I've had mine for 5 years now (about to go in for my "tune-up") and did not have any problems losing weight. Then again, I wasn't trying to lose weight when I first had it installed.
  • iFeelBrandNew
    iFeelBrandNew Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    i actually LOST weight with mine in the beginning, but after about a year i started to experience some pyschological stuff with it... i was increasingly moody and irritable... i had it removed as we decided we'd like to have another child, and before becoming pregnant again i noticed my mood not fluctuating as much, and so did the father of my children. ive read several reviews regarding the mirena, and i will NEVER IN LIFE have another one...
  • mandykasase
    mandykasase Posts: 110
    Options
    i've had mine in for 2 years and after about 6-8 weeks of bloating, things calmed down and i am gradually losing weight. Give it time.
  • TayJoMama
    TayJoMama Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I had mine in for almost a year. During the last 6 months I started MFP and working out and was losing weight initially. But after a couple of months, I couldn't lose anything no matter what I did. I tried all of the things you tried and still nothing. My weight stayed the same for four months, so frustrating. My TOM continued the entire time as well, cramps were actually worse then before I got it and I got these darks spots on my face. A sign I knew my hormones were affected because I got the same spots during my last pregnancy. Considering all of that, I had my mirena removed on a Thursday, by that Wednesday, five days later, I had lost 2-3 pounds. Not saying that this is the case for you.

You may just need to give it some time. But for me, Mirena just didn't agree with my body. Good luck to you!
  • HW2Hottie
    HW2Hottie Posts: 100
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the responses. I appreciate it and think that I will ride it out another couple of weeks and see what happens. I really like it otherwise, and have not had any other problems.

Thanks you guys are a big help!
  • jennstults
    Options
    Hi! I have been on the Mirena for a little over 3 years now. I have not had any weight loss issues at all. I would talk with your ob/gyn or PCP to see if they have any suggestions.
  • faeryluvr
    faeryluvr Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    7 years now with my Mirena and I haven't had any issues losing when I put forth the effort to actually lose it. It could take your body time to adjust to the changes from it to your body.