Simple question!

Louiselesley
Louiselesley Posts: 166 Member
edited September 25 in Fitness and Exercise
How long should you wait after you eat until you do exercise?

It's not really practical for me to do it before I eat as I tend to arrive home absolutely starving. A lot of people say snack first but I prefer to eat my dinner then proceed to work out later in the night but I've never really known how long I should wait.

Replies

• sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Just wait until you feel comfortable working out. :smile:
  • Jenn1254
    Jenn1254 Posts: 49 Member
    I wait until I know I won't feel queasy during the workout. Depending on what I ate and how much, it's usually about an hour. But that's just me. I say exercise when you feel ready.
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Yep - totally up to you! No hard and fast rules at all. I find I can go straight from eating to working out - others say they have to wait a half hour or so or they feel sick.
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    I feel ya. If i dont eat before a workout I feel like im going to pass out and i end up not working as hard. Im interested to see what people say. I usually eat dinner like around 530 then go to the gym and lift and stuff and by the time i do cardio its like 7ish.
  • Louiselesley
    Louiselesley Posts: 166 Member
    Thanks guys! it's good to know that it's a general feeling. I remember being told when I was younger than it was really bad for you if you don't wait a certain time so I just wanted to make sure that was wrong (or maybe it isn't?)
This discussion has been closed.