HOW TO I DROP THE LAST 7 POUNDS!!!

Options
I need some serious suggestions on how to kick my last few pounds of weight after losing 60 pounds already. (And before you suggest my goal is too low - it's not....I probably have another 20 pounds on me that I could lose) How can I kick start my metabolism and drop the last bit of weight to reach my goal!!!!? I'm putting more effort into it than ever and not seeing results!!!

Replies

• deannarey13
    deannarey13 Posts: 452
    Options
    I have the same problem. I may have some suggestions that have worked for me based on suggestions I have got from others that have been successful. Sent you a message.
  • amberaz
    amberaz Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Shock your body! Change your workout up completely, add some HIIT and some strength training. Maybe even eat mainenance calories for a week or so, then drop back to your to lose number. Those are some of the plateau busters that seem to work.
  • autumn13
    autumn13 Posts: 295
    Options
    Shock your body! Change your workout up completely, add some HIIT and some strength training. Maybe even eat mainenance calories for a week or so, then drop back to your to lose number. Those are some of the plateau busters that seem to work.
    Thank you!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    change your routine and try eating more. Set your goal to lose 0.5lbs/week and eat your exercise caloires. If your caloric deficit is too large and you don't have much to lose you risk burning muscle instead of fat.
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I agree with changing things up. If you aren't lifting weights, try that...if you are are, do cardio in between sets. If you don't run try running, that got me over my plateau last fall. Make diet adjustments too.
  • garymccord
    garymccord Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Have to agree with the bodyshock!

Every month I'm having what I call a 'reset' day, just eating how I used to prior to starting MFP - so an unhealthy breakfast, big lunch and perhaps a McDonald's for dinner followed by some unhealthy chocolatey snacks at night.

Not only do I use this as a reward for doing so well all month, but it also seems to shock my metabolism back into weight loss mode. Not to mention, it reminds me of what it used to feel like filling my body with crap (for want of a better word) and being so full it makes you lethargic, etc.
  • anthonynormand
    Options
    metabolism shock does work to get over my last plateu I shoveled in eddys ice cream and kept up with my work out schedule all while once in a while indulging in treats