Need workout tips...

Options
I need some tips on helping me avoid "workout boredom". I go through ups and downs where I'm really excited to hit the gym for a few weeks, and then I get into this lull where it seems like exercise is pure torture. What does everyone do to take the "work" out of "workout"??? :indifferent:

Replies

• Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I take a class when I get bored

Spinning is really the only thing offered for me that's free, so when I need a pick me up, I'll drop in on one of the classes ..
  • jaybaileys
    jaybaileys Posts: 317
    Options
    Variety is the spice of fitness. I do several Beachbody programs. I also have kettlebells. Try a yoga or Zumba class. See if there are any Beachbody fit clubs in your area. They offer free workouts weekly. Ours are Sundays at 1:00. Swimming, walking, rock-climbing, biking etc.
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Agree - try a class. I do Zumba 2x/week, Kickboxing (Tae Bo style), actual Kickboxing and then 30 Day Shred & Last Chance Workout. I mix it up. I cannot wait until spring to get outside and start taking bike rides and long walks with the family.
  • shmarlyboo
    Options
    check out Tone It Up.com or (since their site seems to run slow at times) go to google and type in tone it up and select video. tons of awesome workouts. love those girls!

i also like some of the "Challanges" provided at bodyrock.com. the camera man has a little too much fun filming the girl, but aside from that there are great workouts to be found and try out!

a class at the gym is a great idea. also, since it's getting to be Spring and the weather is soon to be warming up...start planning runs at the park or try organizing a group of friends to get together to throw a football around, or shoot hoops :) you don't have to play a game, just to be active is great working out time and it def doesn't feel like "work" :)
  • iamdaily
    iamdaily Posts: 5
    Options
    I dance! I get in front of my TV.. cut my music on and dance for 45 minutes straight because I LOVE dancing. It doesn't actually seem like a workout though because I am doing what I love. I load my music player with about 10-11 songs and just roll with the flow. Gospel rap, rap, worship, praise... all of the above. and before you know it... my time is up and i'm logging in to record.
  • kimmy44
    kimmy44 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I have to combine many things , and mix it up to keep my interest. I do zumba, dance2, pilates, &turbo jam, using there 5 dvds and mix them up. I started working out 6 days a week min. Usually doing turbo jam and one other every day. When I want a break I use my weight equipment (home gym) Instead of a dvd or wii. When you find you just don't want to do it, turbo jam has a quick 20 minute one. Good luck and soon the nice weather will be here and with that more options.
  • ladonne73
    ladonne73 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Great suggestions!!!! I'm feeling better about working out already. Thanks!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Like others have mentioned trying new workouts and changing my routine helps me.

Does your gym offer classes, if they do maybe try a class or two in addition to the machines or weights.

Karen
  • Dutchgirly
    Dutchgirly Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    i like to do a 10-20 minute rotations through treadmill, elliptical, bike, rowing, swimming. That way you are working a lot of different muscle groups, but not for so long you get bored at the same machine. You work up a nice sweat and burn without all the monotony ;)