Feeling unappreciated

Options
Have you ever felt like no one understands you no matter what? I know I have friends, family and loved ones who care, but sometimes......GOOD GRIEF!....I fell like I need a break from the family as it seems like they don't care that you are having a tough time and refuse to help you out or give an inch.
The hubby seems unimpressed with what I am trying to do and says to "quit talking about it and do it"~ ~~What the heck is THAT all about?

Replies

• bjburkstrand
    Options
    Use what your husband says as a motivator, really show him that you mean it. Remember to take time for yourself, even if it means a quick walk around the block or a nice bubble bath. You will feel better and more relaxed.
  • randi50
    randi50 Posts: 112
    Options
    I am sorry you are feeling this way. I can't imagine, I am lucky that my husband is doing this with me.
  • avninjalette123
    avninjalette123 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    One great thing my husband has taught me. Family is who you make it, not blood. I just let what they say to bring me down, roll off my shoulders.
  • hammersue1
    hammersue1 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I think we all feel like that at times. hope you can add me as a friend no need to be alone now xx
    sue xx
  • skinnylizzard
    skinnylizzard Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! My boyfriend isn't exactly a vote of confidence either. He points at much larger women and says, "There you are in 10 years!" He says that I eat too much....lol....like a giant bowl of salad compared to that greasy Bic Mac he ate?! He just doesn't get it! Oh, well, guess we'll just have to prove ourselves! Don't let it get you down. :flowerforyou:
  • lisy28
    lisy28 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean my Bf always complains to me because he thinks i am picking apart his cooking but all i really want to know is how it was made so i can count my calories right! And as he cooks dinner most nights as he is home way before me or hasnt worked that day!!

It really annoys me that is annoys him as freak all i am trying to do is get healthier and not keep gaining more unnecessary weight...

And itsnt it my right to know what i am eating and putting into my tummy....

ok rant over hehe :o)
  • NanBar
    NanBar Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Not to be harsh....but you say in your profile twice that you are lazy. It is possible that your husband knows this and is waiting for you to make a move to change. You joined MFP- now would be a good time to stop sitting around and making excuses and blaming others and worrying about what others are feeling and doing and how they make you feel a certain way...and go out for a walk and burn some calories.

You want him to support you- give him something to support.

Call it tough love.
  • lisy28
    lisy28 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Not to be harsh....but you say in your profile twice that you are lazy. It is possible that your husband knows this and is waiting for you to make a move to change. You joined MFP- now would be a good time to stop sitting around and making excuses and blaming others and worrying about what others are feeling and doing and how they make you feel a certain way...and go out for a walk and burn some calories.

Call it tough love.

Harsh but good advice :o)
  • NanBar
    Options

Call it tough love.

Harsh but good advice :o)

Yeah- I thought it was pretty blunt...but sometimes people need to hear what they don't want to hear- and it might not be pretty. I mean how many husband, BF, mom bashing threads do we need to see and read before people start taking responsibility for themselves. You dictate your feelings, and actions...not anyone else.
  • marniehodges
    Options
    Sorry to say I have to agree with what Nan said. You also said in your profile you were changing because your best friend told you to. You really need to do this for yourself, not your husband, best friend, or anybody else. This is really hard and you have to be your own greatest cheerleader! You can do this and you'll feel so much better and confident for it! As for you girls that commented about your boyfriends...I hope you don't make them your husbands :grumble: !
  • patricac
    patricac Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    You know, sometimes I feel the exact same way. But something I noticed just today... Your friends/family are noticing your actions. If they see you eating well, working out hard, staying committed to your program, being positive - they will notice. They might not say so, they may not say "Good job" all the time, they may not be supportive some of the time... But I'm telling you - if *you* stay committed and do this for yourself and don't let anything stop you, they will notice. You might actually inspire someone along the way and not even know it.

Lead by example. Do this for yourself. Stay positive. Get support where you can (like MFP :happy:) Everything else will fall into place.
  • pickledlilli
    Options

Call it tough love.

Your reply could be received as being a bit harsh if the person is depressed. The profile could have been put together quickly or without deep thought. If this person is at a low point (I think the name she has chosen gives an indication of how she feels) then this reply is quite unsupportive. All I am saying is we do not know enough about this person to come down quite so hard. Afterall, she only has 13lb to lose which makes me think that weight is not the key issue here.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options

Call it tough love.

^THIS
  • NanBar
    Options

Call it tough love.

Your reply could be received as being a bit harsh if the person is depressed. The profile could have been put together quickly or without deep thought. If this person is at a low point (I think the name she has chosen gives an indication of how she feels) then this reply is quite unsupportive. All I am saying is we do not know enough about this person to come down quite so hard. Afterall, she only has 13lb to lose which makes me think that weight is not the key issue here.

I'm certainly not going to defend myself to your post. I feel that the OP asked for opinions and I gave mine. You however did not reach out to give any type of support to the OP neither nice or harsh- you simply bashed my post ... I think that says a lot. Have a wonderful evening.
  • feelingalone
    Options
    THANK YOU to all of you who responded to my post. You ALL gave me a lot to think about. I think I can do this thing but I know I CAN'T do it alone. I didn't know there were other people who could relate to what and how I am feeling.
    I think this site is a good thing and again THANK YOU for your support!!!!!!
  • shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU to all of you who responded to my post. You ALL gave me a lot to think about. I think I can do this thing but I know I CAN'T do it alone. I didn't know there were other people who could relate to what and how I am feeling.
    I think this site is a good thing and again THANK YOU for your support!!!!!!

You CAN do it!!
  • shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! My boyfriend isn't exactly a vote of confidence either. He points at much larger women and says, "There you are in 10 years!" He says that I eat too much....lol....like a giant bowl of salad compared to that greasy Bic Mac he ate?! He just doesn't get it! Oh, well, guess we'll just have to prove ourselves! Don't let it get you down. :flowerforyou:

Yikes! Kick that man to the curb. I had a guy friend that made these kind of comments. I started pointing out the hot guys around that had washboard abs. He didn't think it was so funny when it was flipped back on him.
  • NanBar
    Options
    You CAN do this....just look around at the members on this site. It isn't EASY! And there are going to be hard times...and sometimes you will get support in real life- sometimes you wont...but you have got to just START somewhere. If people dont support you- then prove to them you are doing this for you!
  • pickledlilli
    Options
    NanBar quote ..Yeah- I thought it was pretty blunt...but sometimes people need to hear what they don't want to hear- and it might not be pretty. I mean how many husband, BF, mom bashing threads do we need to see and read before people start taking responsibility for themselves. You dictate your feelings, and actions...not anyone else.
    [/quote]

Enough said.