30 day shred question regarding age

Options
was wondering those in the know with this work out if there is a suggested age for this?

as I know a number of healthy weight children ie 13-15 year olds wanting to do this

and in my opinion this is too intense for a developing child/adolsent

am i wrong?

Replies

• nomoremuffintop42
    nomoremuffintop42 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    My daughter wants to try it and I am fine with that....I think she worked alot harder over basketball season then she would doing the shred for 20mins..but if you are really concerned maybe you should ask a doctor..good luck:)
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure but I have done it and I don't think they'd stick with it the whole 30 days- I didn't. It's not fun. It's hard work. They can choose to do the easier moves... or they could do it once or twice a week to give them a less strenuous work out. As long as they're eating enough calories I don't see it any different then playing intense sports which children do at much younger ages.
  • flutterqueen04
    Options
    The one thing this did for me was improve my endurance more than anything. I think that is always a bonus for anyone. I would say it would be ok for teenagers to do this dvd. It really isn't any more intense then the exercises and activities that kids do in sports. I would just make sure they are eating appropriately along with it, as in enough healthy calorie intake. This is a good way to teach kids about the benefits of exercise without it being about weight loss. If you are still uncertain maybe allow them to do it every other day. It doesn't need to be done in 30 consecutive days.
  • All4You
    All4You Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    this is my worry they are all currently already very active, play on the school teams, compete regularly in outside teams, and these sports arent seasonal so they continue straight through so its not like they arent doing anything
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    this is my worry they are all currently already very active, play on the school teams, compete regularly in outside teams, and these sports arent seasonal so they continue straight through so its not like they arent doing anything

Just curious.. are they interested in doing it to lose weight or for fun?
  • All4You
    All4You Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    weight/fitness/muscle

a number of the older ones have had previous eating disorders so its an area i am very cautious about with the group with regards to aims