Starting to lose motivation

Options
I am starting to lose motivation with working out. I am still fired up about tracking my food just not the exercise part. I'm thinking I need to find something fun to do to get me back motivated. I'm going to the Y today to inquire about their group classes. Hopefully that will work.

Replies

• Asomething
    Asomething Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Zumba is usually offered at the Y and it is a BLAST!! Good luck!
  • Hoplost
    Hoplost Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi stick with it, we all know how hard it is to stay motivated but it gets easier when you get a routine going, try Zumba it's loads of fun and you bun those cals off.... Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • alysen2012
    Options
    I agree with Asomething. My college offers a drop in Zumba class and i have a blast and it gets u pumped up and wanting to do something else.
  • rebecky27
    rebecky27 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh! Have you tried Zumba yet? I hated exercise until I went to a Zumba class!! Now I can't get enough! You have to find something you truly enjoy in order to stick with it. If you start to dread it, you won't be successful.

There's a good chance your local Y will have an instructor for Zumba come there.
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    Zumba is so much fun! For me at first I had a hard time following along, but now that I have got the hang of it, it is great.!
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I will have to agree with the ladies...ZUMBA!!!!!
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!!!! When I started my post there were no replies.
  • AliciaJade93
    AliciaJade93 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I get this a lot, but think how amazing you'll feel and thankful an successful you'll feel if you stick at it!!
    Youu'll never be the weight you are today ever again, you'll feel miles better about yourself, and be more confident :) aswell as being healthier!

There are so many more +'s than -'s :) hope you get through this phase!!! xxx
  • 3kidsin3years
    3kidsin3years Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I would love to try Zumba, it does look so fun and I love to dance, but if that's not your thing, of if it doesn't fit for whatever reason, what about just plain old walking? Park a little further away from work, walk to get the mail instead of drive, taking the stairs instead of elevator, things like that? Or, see about a workout video or two, mix things up some? Good luck and don't lose the motivation, if you can just power through it, it will get better! =)
  • 3kidsin3years
    3kidsin3years Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I would love to try Zumba, it does look so fun and I love to dance, but if that's not your thing, of if it doesn't fit for whatever reason, what about just plain old walking? Park a little further away from work, walk to get the mail instead of drive, taking the stairs instead of elevator, things like that? Or, see about a workout video or two, mix things up some? Good luck and don't lose the motivation, if you can just power through it, it will get better! =)
  • riley711
    riley711 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    You have to try zumba!!! I am one who is not inspired by exercising. But I had so much fun with my zumba class that I even went and bought zumba for my Wii game system (which is also very good and alot of fun!!!) With zumba, I find myself jonesing for the next class, highly upset if I can't make it, still willing to pay the $5.00 even if I'm late and only attend half the class, and breaking all sorts of speed records to get from DC back to Baltimore in time for my class!!! You gotta try it!! I'm sure you'll like it. Zumba is smoking hot!!! :smokin:

Also, I have not yet started my Body Gospel, but I will be doing the first session tonight. I promised I would let you know how I liked it, so I'll give you my initial impression of it later this evening. :flowerforyou:
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I think the important thing when it comes to motivation is not obsessing. I don't do any of these workout video, hardcore things, because they are a quick fix. No one can keep up that level of workout for life, and who would want to? The key to maintaining a healthy weight is to change your lifestyle to a healthy one, and doing exercise you can incorporate into your weekly routine without having to go miles out of your way. I don't know how people get up at 5 am to exercise. I couldn't maintain any exercise that didn't fit into my existing structure, so I do exercise classes in the community centre while my 3 year old is at pre-school, try to walk to the shops instead of drive, go for a run every thursday morning. It has to be part of your weekly routine without putting you out to be sustainable, I think. It also has to be fun. I do an amazing circuits boot camp every other month, which is brilliant fun as the teacher is fabulous and the other girls are fun. There's no point if it's not fun. I couldn't and wouldn't exercise at home in front of a video. Try to regain the fun.
  • Toibear
    Toibear Posts: 31
    Options
    Thank you guys so much. I am not giving up on my journey AT ALL. I am just getting bored with my current plan. Oh, and I found pictures of myself before and after bootcamp and I am determined to get that body back. :happy: I think I will try Zumba. I have heard a lot about it. Unfortunately there is not a Y close enough that I can attend and still have someone watch my son so I'm gonna try the Zumba for Wii (thanks riley). You guys are awesome and helped me get my second wind.