Back on the Wagon

Options
:smile: It's been sometime that I really decided to take care of myself. When I see my children, it makes my heart tremble. They are my world and I want to be around for them as long as possible. I so need accountability! My current weight in 242, with my structure, I am a size 16. My goal is 180 lbs. That may seem crazy to some of you, but at that weight, I am a happy perfect loose size 12. I chose the picture that is here as this is my most current taken at an event with my husband on date night. I don't like it. My eyes have begun to swell due to the weight gain and the rest of my body is just not healthy. I hope i can gain some great friends here - from what I have ready so far....there are great people who have experienced what I have. Thanks for lending me your ears and your hearts!

Replies

• joanipowell
    joanipowell Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Good Luck, I know you can do this! :flowerforyou:
  • sturgill
    sturgill Posts: 118
    Options
    welcome - there is room for anyone on the wagon - believe me you are not alone

good luck
  • vwbug86
    vwbug86 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    180 pounds and a size 12 don't sound crazy to me at all. Congrats on getting Back on the Wagon.
  • LFern
    LFern Posts: 141
    Options
    First of all I'd like to say - you are cute as can be in that picture! I don't see swollen eyes at all!:noway:

I am 48 and struggling at this weight loss thing. I'm great at encouragement and advice and would love to be your friend :smile:
  • queenbee
    queenbee Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Welcome to My Fitness Pal! You will find all kinds of support and friendship here. It is amazing! Congratulations on taking the first step! You can do this! And I think that your goal is really reasonable as well.
  • allehp
    allehp Posts: 96
    Options
    You're at the right place! MFP has been the only way for me to get back on the wagon and stay there! :)
    Good luck! Make those kids proud!! :D
  • taureanbeauty293
    taureanbeauty293 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Good luck!!!!!! :happy: It really feels good to get back in / find that weight range that you feel happy and healthy at! I personally found that as I ate better and started feeling better, it got easier to resist junk food and exercise.

Keep at it and you'll feel great about yourself!
  • Lorrie7195
    Options
    All your words were melting...I literally sat at my desk and cried! That's not the coolest when you work in a college President's office. Thank you. I know I can do this - I have to! My life depends on it.
  • getfitgirl1
    Options
    good luck to you. it's not gonna be easy, but we can do it.
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Your goals are do-able which makes them all the more admirable in my opinion.

Welcome back on a wagon that many of us have veered off of at periods in our life. The good thing is, we're always able to get back on and make of it what we will. Sometimes, when we're very lucky, we find places like MFP filled with awesome people to help ease our journey.

I so relate to the sentiment about your children.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Making the determined effort to lose the weight is the key to your success. I don't think your goal is crazy at all. You know what weight makes you comfortable with being you.

I'm 5'3" and decided that after slowly gaining weight until I hit 138, and a tight size 8, that I was fed up and it was time to take back control. I get "looks" when I turn down a treat or explain that I'm not eating sugar or carbs, but *I* know that this is the right thing to do for me. When people say something about my not needing to lose weight, I explain that it's either lose weight or buy a new wardrobe. I've made my choice!
  • bethanysano
    Options
    Some of us on here are concerned for our mothers. I think it's great that you've taken this step of faith on your own for the sake of your children! It really helps to know that there are others out there going through the same things you are! You will love this site!
  • jala9656
    jala9656 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    you can do this. This is a great site for tips and motivation. Friend me if you would like.
  • Lorrie7195
    Options
    Thank you, appreciate your encouragement.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: