Anyone do Zumba Fitness on Wii???

Options
Hey!! Has anyone tried Zumba Fitness on Nintendo Wii?? My friend has lost a lot of weight going to Zumba classes and I can't find the time to go, so was thinking of getting it for my Wii. Any opinions on it?? Does it work?? Is it worth spendng money on??

Replies

• vballer21
    vballer21 Posts: 37
    Options
    Absolutely, I love it! It burns a ton of calories and it's so much fun. I mix it into my cardio workout 2-3 times a week so I don't get too bored of the treadmill/elliptical. I also like that it's in the privacy of my own home...lol since I'm not the best at it. I would definitely recommend it:)
  • aml31
    aml31 Posts: 57
    Options
    I have it and do it maybe once a week on my wii. I'm not that crazy about it, my sister has it on her ps 3 move and she loves it and does it like 5x a week. I believe its the same type version though, the same old songs and routines just get old to me i guess but it does make ya sweat! I just have more fun burning calories w/ my other dancing games instead.
  • scgma
    scgma Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I do a Wii Challenge on another site...we have several that do Zumba and love it !!!!! I use Active and have seen awesome results. I think the secret is putting your heart into it and committing to doing it!!!
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    Yup and love it! .. it's a lot of fun.. I get my niece to do it too... good workout
  • waguchan
    waguchan Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I bought it and can't stand it. The music isn't very good. The menus are designed so badly. Why do they put the song titles in such a small font when there is so much space on the screen is beyond me. Also, it comes with a belt to put your wand inside, but it's too small to hold it unless you take the silicon protector off the wand.

I prefer Just Dance 1 and Michael Jackson for Wii or just go to an actual zumba class.
  • NanoReefDiver
    Options
    I love Zumba on the Wii! Better than my local class version. I like the interactive feel of it compared to the elliptical (as well as the privacy of my own home and being able to jump up whenever I want to do a quick session). Def. worth it.
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I have it, and think it's good at the beginning....

But it's not going to push you, once you get fitter and get better at the routines....

Which is why after 6 weeks of playing it, I was looking for some other form of exercise to do at home.

I tried the 30 Day Shred dvd which was too painful for my knees, and have now settled on Turbo Jam for cardio & No More Trouble Zones for strengthening.
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    I have it and don't care for it. For me I spend more time trying to figure out what to do next then actually moving. I am addicted to Just Dance 2! Love the music and the moves are much easier to get use to and repeat. I am able to burn 200-500 calories in 30-60 minutes and it is so much fun I often lose track of time. Not something I dread, something I can't wait to get home to do!
  • Septembergirl23
    Septembergirl23 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I have it, and think it's good at the beginning....

But it's not going to push you, once you get fitter and get better at the routines....

Which is why after 6 weeks of playing it, I was looking for some other form of exercise to do at home.

I tried the 30 Day Shred dvd which was too painful for my knees, and have now settled on Turbo Jam for cardio & No More Trouble Zones for strengthening.

I've been doing it about 3 weeks and I have gotten bored. The "expert" level is way too easy. I like Just Dance 2 better.
  • Louiselesley
    Louiselesley Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I tried it for the first time over the weekend actually and I have to say I'd much rather do it in the privacy of my own home than in a class. I have an insane lack of rhythm for being female. I can't do any type of dance/step/movement in time with music things.
  • Just1forMe
    Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    If anyone that doesn't like it wants to sell me their "used" copy, I might be interested :wink:
  • blueeyedbuckeye82
    Options
    Like you, I get confused by Zumba so opt for my Just Dance 2 on Wii. I LOVE IT! I wake up before work and dance on sweat mode for about an hour 5 mornings of the week. I love it, I sweat, I laugh at myself and some of the moves I am doing but it's a blast! I have learned to love Rasputan (the Russian one) because I burn 600+ sweat points doing it once! There are a lot of songs that are fun that burn around 300 also; even Walk Like an Egyptian! Anywho, I love it too :) I hear Just Dance 3 should be out in time for Xmas!!
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Like you, I get confused by Zumba so opt for my Just Dance 2 on Wii. I LOVE IT! I wake up before work and dance on sweat mode for about an hour 5 mornings of the week. I love it, I sweat, I laugh at myself and some of the moves I am doing but it's a blast! I have learned to love Rasputan (the Russian one) because I burn 600+ sweat points doing it once! There are a lot of songs that are fun that burn around 300 also; even Walk Like an Egyptian! Anywho, I love it too :) I hear Just Dance 3 should be out in time for Xmas!!

Just Dance 3!?!?! YAY! I love Hey Ya and Girlfriend...Rasputin and I have a small hatred we are trying to overcome ...lol