Learning to eat right...

Options
I've been running for a while now but I'm very slow. I just completed a half marathon on Sunday but it took me 3:04 to do it. After training for 9 weeks I weigh the EXACT same now as I did when I started. What!?!? I must be doing something wrong. In the last six years I have done one full marathon and eight half marathons, but I still can't seem to lose weight.

I usually do 2 or 3 triathalons each summer, but I never loose weight. I've even done a metric century on my bike...still didn't lose weight. Sure, I get in shape, but the scale is still about 40 pounds higher than it should be. That's a lot of extra weight to carry for a 13.1 mile run. My knees hurt, my hips hurt...everything hurts.

While messing around on my Android I found this application and thought I would give it a try. Hopefully I'll keep on track and won't have to carry so much weight over the finish line next time. Wish me luck!!

Replies

• jenbusick
    jenbusick Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I spent two years working a regular exercise program myself, and getting nowhere (I kept losing/regaining the same 7-10 pounds). I added MFP to my regimen in January, and I have lost 16 pounds and gone from "overweight" BMI to "normal" BMI.

Welcome, and here's hoping this tool is the one you need to get where you want to be!
  • 2serveU
    2serveU Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have been using MFP since January and have lost 21 lbs. It is a great educational tool that enabled me to lose weight on purpose as a by product of learning to make better food choices. The nutritional analyss is really a key motivator for me because it identifies the composition of the foods I intake and equip me to consume those that make the biggest impact on my weight loss goals. I am learning more about this awesome tool weekly. B encouraged log your foods eregardless of the outcome as contrasted to your daily goal because it will make U a better advocate for your weight loss goal. Your exercise regiment is a encouragement to me so continue to exercise as U grow in wisdom about what you eat, soon your weight loss goals will overtake you. I have been encouraged to increase my weight loss goals from 75lbs to 100 lbs, so stay the course.