Is anyone here a server at a restaurant?

Options
Just curious if any of you have attempted to see how many calories you burn on a shift. I have burned over 1000 calories at a time. I treat it like a workout sometimes. It's a fast paced restaurant, you never get a minute to just sit or do anything. a lot of lifting heavy trays with food and plates. (i try to keep my abs flexed as much as possible when i walk too) I average about 8-10 miles on the weekend and 4-5 on the weekdays and i even though it's fast paced i do log it in as slow paced walk so consolidate since i think MFP sometimes overestimates my calories.

Replies

• omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    i don't work as a server now but i have in the past. i didn't log it as an individual exercise though. instead, i increased my daily activity level to moderately active.
  • patattheshire
    patattheshire Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    yes i agree worked restaurant all my life waiter and or manager never time to stop or take a break as you make the money by moving i know i easily do 10000 steps in a day and as far as squeezing the abs i have done that too while walking as fast as possible
    pat
  • colombiana444
    colombiana444 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    :)
  • stephcorona
    stephcorona Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    i do but i just log it as walking.
  • colombiana444
    colombiana444 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    yeah i do the same i do walking "slow pace" just in case :)