Question and Advise/help..

chazspk
chazspk Posts: 159 Member
edited September 25 in Health and Weight Loss
Im here now 65 days and i have lost all motivation to do exercise(sticking to my my cals thou) i said all last week ill do my 45 mins now tonight or ill get up in morning 6:30am and just do it well it did not happen and im at it this week also.. Now my hubby is off 2 weeks from work ( broke ligaments in his knee) so my routine is off , and he is more than likely to be off for longer acording to his doc.. So HELP/ADVISE has anyone gone through this????

QUESTION.

I like reading all the stories on here and alot all do 1-2 hrs exercise like 6 days a week i could never do this .. i do 45 mins 4 days a week is this not enough its either cardo- kickboxing or body sculpt and i push myself..I do find when i take a day off i cant get into it easy the next night ...What do i tell my self to kick my *kitten*...

Replies

• thor9424
    thor9424 Posts: 40 Member
    you need to find a workout buddy. join a class like zumba or something. make friends with the people there so that they ask you why you arent there when you miss. it helps a lot to have people to work out with.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    If you ask most people who do 1-2 hours six days a week (which is more than really "necessary") you'll find that none (or almost none) did that much exercise right from the start. I exercise an hour a day, six days a week (most weeks) but I started out doing 20-30 minutes only 3 or 4 days a week. It took over a year for me to get where I am now. You have to take into account where you started from, your health, your lifestyle, etc. It's not practical for everyone to jump into 2 hours of exercise a day!

45 min 4 days a week is quite reasonable. If you want to up your exercise to challenge yourself then go for it - or you could just push yourself more during those four 45 minute sessions without increasing your overall exercise time. Do what works for you and what will keep you motivated. There is no one "right" exercise routine that will work for everyone.
  • Hailz1986
    Hailz1986 Posts: 35 Member
    First off, my best wishes to your husband, I ruptured the ACL in my right knee, I really know his pain! What options have they given him and which ligaments did he damage?

Personally I think the amount of Cardio you are doing is good, if you could squeeze in one more workout a week, it really can make all the difference. I find inspiration in all kinds of places - Biggest Loser (USA), Music Videos, Female Wrestlers etc. It really can be amazing what is able to inspire people, just focus on the end results and you will be able to push that bit harder.

You can also message me for help anytime you need to.

Hailee x
  • amccrazgrl
    amccrazgrl Posts: 315 Member
    I've read numerous places that the max amount of cardio per day should be 45 minutes and the least is 20 minutes if your doing the high intensity training.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    I've read numerous places that the max amount of cardio per day should be 45 minutes and the least is 20 minutes if your doing the high intensity training.

No offense, but I think this is kind of silly and an awfully broad statement. How much cardio someone "should" do depends on their health, goals, lifestyle, and how hard they're working out. Someone who is simply trying to lose weight and become healthier would probably get by just fine doing several 45-minute, good effort workouts a week. On the other hand, someone who does very light cardio is going to have to do it for longer periods of time to burn as many calories. Professional athletes (or even people who do sport for hobby), long-distance runners, etc. are likely doing long, high-effort workout sessions (certainly longer than 45 minutes). While I agree that there's no real reason the average Joe should feel compelled to push themselves to do extremely long workout sessions, but there's also no reason why 45 min should be seen as the "max".
  • chazspk
    chazspk Posts: 159 Member
    Thanks everyone just have to work getting back into it now...Gone lazy keeps coming in to my mind and not to happy about that...

Thanks again xx:brokenheart: :sad:
This discussion has been closed.