water count on here?

Options
lorinjer
lorinjer Posts: 233 Member
So I've been told and read that I should be drinking half my body weight in ounces. That is like 95 oz of water a day or around 10-11 cups??? So when you input your water do you just measure it by the cup you are dirnking out of our do you really do it by ounces?? 1 cup = 8 oz. I've always jsut done it by the number of glasses I drink (not measuring ). Just wondering how everyone else does it.......................

Replies

• nickyb632
    nickyb632 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    i've heard that too, and while it can seem hard, it really couldn't hurt right?
  • rherrin5
    rherrin5 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I assume its 8oz... or at least I hope so hahah Thats how I log it.
  • BlessedMystique
    BlessedMystique Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I drink out of a 16oz (2 cups) water bottle. I refill it 6 times during the day...
    On MFP I record 12 cups :)
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I believe the standard measurement I've heard the most is 8 ounces so if you know how many ounces it is, might as well count it that way!
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    My daily goal is 11-12 cups a day. I have a refilled about jug that holds 16 oz and I use that to measure.
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I count 8 oz. as a cup of water. I think it's pretty standard.
  • midonhau
    midonhau Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    A gym instructor told me the same thing and when I divided my weight it works out that I should be drinking 10 cups of water or 80 ounces. I have 2 water bottles that I use.....one shows where the one and two cups mark is so is I use that bottle I aim to drink a full bottle atleast 5 times. The other bottle is an 11 ounce bottle so if I use that one I aim to drink a full bottle atleast 8 times.

I would suggest you get a water bottle that you use specifically for water so you can monitor how much you are drinking.
  • lorinjer
    Options
    thanks everyone!!!
  • lorinjer
    Options
    I know the cup I drink out of at home is 16 ounces and I think the one at work is only 12......I will search for a bottle to leave at work so I'm more accurate on my ounces.
  • WashingtonGrown
    Options
    I use a 24oz iced drink cup that has a straw, I drink at least 3 a day which is exactly half my body weight. Sometimes I add Ice sometimes I don't.
  • dengarrett
    dengarrett Posts: 367
    Options
    There is NO way I can drink that much water in a day! That's 145 ounces - 18+ cups - I would have to fill my 24 ounce water bottle 6 times. I might as well just sit in the bathroom if I do that.
  • MakingAChoice
    MakingAChoice Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    There is NO way I can drink that much water in a day! That's 145 ounces - 18+ cups - I would have to fill my 24 ounce water bottle 6 times. I might as well just sit in the bathroom if I do that.

I was thinking the same, mine is 19 cups a day :noway: Though I do get fluid through lots of fruits and tea as well I guess.
  • DowntimeDesigns
    DowntimeDesigns Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I keep a 1 liter Fiji water bottle at my desk at work that I fill up 3-5 times throughout the day.

1liter = 33.81 ounces.
    3-5 bottles = 101-169 ounces

It also makes you get up at least once an hour to have to pee, lol.
  • Daisygurl7
    Daisygurl7 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I have some big cups things with straws in them that are 32 or 44 oz. That's what I drink my water from. :)