lower belly fat

Options
I have had two c-sections and now my lower belly is nothing but a fat sack. What kind of exercises would help with this?

Replies

• mjf0461
    mjf0461 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    cardio is what I have been told many times....
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Bump, I've had two c-sections too. I'm almost at goal weight but my tummy looks---eew.
  • rachgleeson
    rachgleeson Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    i would also like to know what everyone has to say about this, as i too have had 2 c-sections and struggle with my sagging tummy :(. My tummy is also numb, which the doctor said is normal after the sections as they cut through nerves!!
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    cardio cardio cardio until the fat is burned is what ive been told. i do reverse crunches too...but i have along way to go before i can even think about toning there because its all covered in jiggles too
  • mwhartley
    mwhartley Posts: 35
    Options
    I constantly research how to get rid of belly fat. The bottom line I have found is to stay active, exercise for 30 mins a day, and have a good diet. I wish I could just do sit ups and get rid of it, but sadly I have found it doesn't work like that.
  • flutterqueen04
    Options
    Cardio, cardio, and more cardio :noway: ....and throw in some ab exercises to help strengthen those muscles (unfortunately you can't spot reduce :grumble: )

I have the same issue. Not from c-sections but I had gotten pregnant, lost the baby in 2nd trimester, then had abdominal surgery to remove a tumor that so lovenly diverted all my fat to where it was, and then got pregnant again - all within a year - so have that wonderful fat sack as well :mad: Aside from wanting to lay it on a cutting board and chop it off (because doesn't that look like you can and should be able to do with it!!??!! :tongue: ) the best and only way I've researched and found is cardio.
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    **Bump** I've had 3 csections. I've struggled. I started working really hard on cardio. I spend apx 60 minutes a day. I also use a 8 minute ab video almost everyday plus add in what I can at the gym if I have time. I have lost 2 inches since the middle of February. I want to see a faster change but I'm taking what I can. I also try to stay away from sugars and soda. I'd love to hear what others hear. No way can I ever afford a tummy tuck but scared it's the only way to have a normal belly back. (It's out of the question)
  • zadiamae
    zadiamae Posts: 5
    Options
    Everyone is saying cardio..... Would walking on the treadmill be considered cardio? thanks to everyone whom replied.
  • gebnpb
    gebnpb Posts: 166
    Options
    Bump!!
    I've lost half of my weight and my belly looks sooo gross!! I have had 2 c-sections and feel like I have a built in fanny pack. I just started the shred hoping that will help some.:cry:
  • zadiamae
    Options
    My tummy is numb too. I just hate how it sags really bad.
  • rachgleeson
    rachgleeson Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    It really gets me depressed some days its the first thing i see in a morning and the last thing i see at night :( , the numbness is strange i thought it would have gotten better by now!!
  • lclark1970
    lclark1970 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Reverse crunches. Tuck balls behind your knees and squeezes while you do them to disengage your hip flexors so you can't cheat ;-). It really does work ! I was doing these at home from a gold's gym DVD and then started going back to the gym and started losing tone in my lower abs. I am doing them again and noticing the results
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I bump the treadmill incline up at high as the machine will go. I can feel the burn in my sides, belly, and in lots of other places. Seems to be helping. I usually walk at a 3.5 pace for 20-30 minutes 3 times a week doing this. Then I fill in with other cardio.
  • sarah_bid
    sarah_bid Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I once had it due to 3 children and losing 4 stone, I went to my doctors and I was so lucky and had a tummy tuck last August
    as I found it hard to get rid of the belly flab
  • prepsikola
    prepsikola Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Cut out artificial sugar, it goes straight to your mid section!
  • zadiamae
    Options
    did you have any complications from the tummy tuck? Did your health insurance cover any of this? Sorry if I am being too nosey.
  • tamiller93
    tamiller93 Posts: 195
    Options
    I constantly research how to get rid of belly fat. The bottom line I have found is to stay active, exercise for 30 mins a day, and have a good diet. I wish I could just do sit ups and get rid of it, but sadly I have found it doesn't work like that.

That is true. You must lose all the fat you can in that area before you can really see results from muscle toning exercises. What it boils down to is that the muscle (even though you may have toned it with exercises) is covered with a layer of fat. Gotta lose the fat first. I have the same problem, but I have not excuse as I have not had kids. That's just the way my body is. :sad:
  • lripson28
    lripson28 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited to have a baby some day! :sarcasm:

Since I have not experienced this yet, I can only share what I've heard. Lots of cardio!!
  • christina_c_marks
    christina_c_marks Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I also had a c-section..ive been doing jillian michaels 6week 6pack and am 4 weeks in and have lost 2 inches off my stomach..but that being said that pouch is still 2 inches bigger then the rest of my stomach :(
  • calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Yep...lots of cardio is helping get rid of my fat sack slowly but surely. I never had a c-section, but 3 childbirths, all over 7lbs, I'm still trying to get rid of the baby fat and the BABY IS TWO YEARS OLD!!!:sad: I also alternate from Tony Horton's 4min ab ripper for about 2wks to pilates which is good for the core(usually AFTER a good cardio wkout and relaxing) There are also standing crunches, leg lifts, front kicks, etc. that can be done during cardio/calisthenics workouts....it really takes a lot of patience along with everything else named.:ohwell: