Need some opinions...

Options
I have found myself cheating a bit lately. Not etremely, but I'm eating the amount of calories to maintain my current weight about three days a week and it's slowing down my weight loss.

So, I made a list of ways to get back on track and I came up with this:

In order to curb my recent binges, I plan on drinking two glasses of water with each meal and taking 3 minutes to eat for every 100 calories. I'm hoping by the time I finish a 600 calorie meal (18 minutes) plus two glasses of water (a few more minutes) my munching madness will be gone.

Good idea? Would you try this yourself? Any suggestions?

Thanks
v1k1n95

Replies

• kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Might work but I'd forget what minute or calorie I was on and mess the whole thing up. :bigsmile:
  • rherrin5
    rherrin5 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a plan to me! TOM hit me and I was eating a candy bar just about every day. I started feel blah about myself and I know this week will not be bad but not good either. I have been splitting my lunch and dinner up a bit to where I eat part of it and about an hour later eat the rest unless im extremly hungry I eat it all at once. Its day 2 and im not feeling so hungry now. I love sweets!!!! So to calm my craving I have decaf coffee in eve time with some sugar free french vanilla creamer. That is keeping me happy too. Once I get off the wagon, I struggle big time to get back in line again. Good luck to ya!
  • ChessRonin
    ChessRonin Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Make your dinner the right portion. Then sit down with a big bottle of water and your food, and watch a tv show you like. Eat slowly. Every now and then, get up from your food and do something.
  • sweetiebelle
    sweetiebelle Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Try benefiber in your water before a meal! Benefiber is tasteless. It will fill you up before you eat
  • sweetiebelle
    sweetiebelle Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Try benefiber in your water before a meal! Benefiber is tasteless. It will fill you up before you eat
  • monicaP413
    monicaP413 Posts: 165
    Options
    Yes! I do that!! When I started this I was drinking a bottle of water before a meal and then chewing my food real well and drinking water every couple of bites. It definitely helped with my appetite and helped me not binge. It works for me and I see no harm in drinking extra water!
  • ssv45
    ssv45 Posts: 3
    Options
    It might help to be certain that you are eating plenty of fresh vegetables as well. Fresh vegetables don't have many calories but take a long time to eat. I have found that the more I chew at a meal, the more full I am. Sounds silly, but it's true for me.
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a creative plan. Definitely slow down your eating, that will help alot. I usually really slow down when I eat whatever meal, which a) makes it last longer b) you feel full before you get to that eating too much point. Definitely drink losts of water, but all day long, not just at dinner.
  • v1k1n95
    v1k1n95 Posts: 40
    Options
    Thanks for the replies all!

I think I'm gonna give this a go and see how it works.
  • Brucifer55
    Options
    If you're having a problem because you like to munch...then munch away. Instead of 3 600C meals a day, make it 6 300C meals a day, or 9 200C...just graze all day and drink a glass of water each time you do. The change of pace may relieve the boredom, which sometimes, is what I find the problem to be anyway.
  • loriefolk
    loriefolk Posts: 352
    Options
    Any plan you can come up with that you think will work for you, I say go for it :) I try to drink a 16 oz of water before each meal to help fill me up (It also keeps me from over-eating and helps me get all my water in!)
  • jwstew007
    jwstew007 Posts: 67
    Options
    Drinking something will definitely help.

Eating smaller portions at first was a huge hurdle for me, what helped me get through a day at work was to break up my lunch over a few hours, I ate my string cheese at about 10am, my sandwich at noon, and then my yoghurt at 2pm.

Took about a week for my stomach to shrink and get used it, but after that it's a lot easier sticking to what a "normal" portion is.

PS: be careful to not over compensate hunger with *large* amounts of water, over-hydration can be dangerous.