excess calorie HELP

Options
ok...sooo...its dinner time...well PAST dinner time...and i worked out... i should be starving...i go into the kitchen and look around, but i am just not hungry and nothing looks good right now... but i have 626 calories left over... i really just kinda wanna go to bed as im really tired.... but i only took in just a little over 1000 calories today...what should i do??

Replies

• dorktv
    dorktv Posts: 30
    Options
    ok...sooo...its dinner time...well PAST dinner time...and i worked out... i should be starving...i go into the kitchen and look around, but i am just not hungry and nothing looks good right now... but i have 626 calories left over... i really just kinda wanna go to bed as im really tired.... but i only took in just a little over 1000 calories today...what should i do??

Good grief, I have no idea what to suggest-do you have time for a brief nap? Maybe some water will help?
  • humblemonkey
    humblemonkey Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    ive drank close to 4 liters of water today... im usuallly STARVING by now... but food just looks...blah now.
  • dorktv
    dorktv Posts: 30
    Options
    If you have time for a brief nap-perhaps a half hour of sleep will knock out the too pooped feeling.

Otherwise, maybe snack on some carrots or something to remind your body you are supposed to be hungry?
  • spicegeek
    spicegeek Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    bowl of cereal and go to bed - as long as you clear 1200 cals you are fine
  • txmama11
    txmama11 Posts: 5
    Options
    try a quick smoothie- yougart, some fresh/frozen fruit, cinnamon & a little bit of milk :)
  • Chrissy_Michelle
    Chrissy_Michelle Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    A nice healthy peanut butter sandwhich with a big glass of milk!
  • Zerita1
    Zerita1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I seem to never have the problem of having left over calories.don't quite know how that feesl. I am such a grazer have to eat and or snack at least 4-6 times per day, I usualyy have good snacks e.g fruit, or100 cal snacks but seem to always be over my calories. The only days i"m possibly not over is on my workout days. Anybody out there with the same problem.
  • mielikkibz
    mielikkibz Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    i've taken to drinking a glass of milk that has more protein in it, hits the calories and adds up the protein :)
  • humblemonkey
    Options
    i ended up making a morning star chick'n patty, with a slice of cheese and a dab of BBQ sauce.
  • lesliekae
    lesliekae Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I do this a lot too. I often can't get my workout in until the evening and I conserve calories so that if I can't get it in then I won't go over my 1200 calorie limit. When I work out I usually burn at least 450 calories so I sometimes have a huge amount of calories left to consume and not much time left in my day. I don't like to consume carbs real late in the evening so my choice is usually some peanut butter, cheese, fruit, or a combination of the above. I'm courious as to what options others take because I do the same thing frequently.
  • Rebeccasluckyduck
    Rebeccasluckyduck Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    It's normal to not feel hungry after a hard workout but your body will recover faster if you eat something. It will make your next workout easier.
  • AnitaAntone
    AnitaAntone Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    i would go to bed if i wanted and not worry about it,when your hungry you'll eat. somedays i want more/some less. for me most of the time i want /need my calories to be satisfied but there are days i don't want to use them just cause they are there if i'm not hungry. everybody is different though!
  • humblemonkey
    Options
    i think i went over my sodium in the long run... i had a couple high sodium choices today--- was in a rush running late this morning so i splurged on one of those jimmy dean d;lights...not too many cals...but lots of sodium. and i have a tablespoon of PB to boost my workout...and the chick'n patty was high too.