No Knead, No Yeast Wheat and Oatmeal Bread, so easy

Options
sceck
sceck Posts: 219
Posted this earlier, thought I'd rename it because it is sooooo easy.

Just made this yesterday, needs some tweaking, but pretty good as is. I used several recipes, then combined to make this one. Great texture, but I would concentrate on using one herb, not a little bit of each. OR, drop all the herbs and up the carraway. Bet that would be great! I'm getting close. Used very little salt for the sodium, would have liked a bit more. If you come up with the "tweaked" version, let me know. Slice thin, 18 pieces for the loaf.

2 c. whole wheat flour
1 1/4 c. quick oats
1 T. baking powder
1/4 c. honey
1 egg
3/4 c. plain nonfat yogurt
3/4 c. 2% milk
1/2 t. carraway seeds
1 1/2 t. assorted herbs (oregano, tarragon, thyme, parsley), optional
1/2 t. salt

Heat oven to 350. Combine dry ingredients and herbs in large bowl. Heat honey over low heat to liquify. Mix yogurt and milk together until smooth. Whisk egg and yogurt/milk mixture into honey. Pour over dry ingredients. Mix thoroughly. Pour into greased loaf pan. Bake 45 minutes.

Quicker than making a batch of cookies!

Replies

• vayax
    vayax Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    this sounds yumi! I have never baked bread but I'm gonna give it a try!
  • JulieBoBoo
    JulieBoBoo Posts: 642
    Options
    bump! I'm definitely going to give this a try! :) thanks
  • ks1588
    ks1588 Posts: 15
    Options
    Bump! Sounds so good!!
  • aartipuri
    Options
    I just made this with 1/4 part soy flour, 2 T ground flax seed instead of herbs, and egg white only - it turned out GREAT and it was really easy! I also added some sesame seeds. Thanks for the recipe.
  • ProudAirforceWife
    ProudAirforceWife Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Awesome recipe, must try. Thanks!
  • lousoulbody
    lousoulbody Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ladyrider55
    ladyrider55 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting. Sounds so good! I'll have to try and put my own twist on it....use soymilk, leave out the egg & salt. Possibly use more herbs. I love experimenting cooking with herbs, wonder what it be like to add in garlic?! Lots of possibilities here :happy:

Sue in WI :smile:
  • dutchk
    dutchk Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Just made this. Opted for raisins instead of herbs and replaced the egg with egg whites. A heavy bread but tastes great! A real keeper.
  • Litababy5
    Litababy5 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Bump!!!
  • xstarxdustx
    xstarxdustx Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Sounds great, thank you!
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Bump
    Also, is it rye-y? I don't like rye bread. I ask this because of the caraway seeds.
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    bump