exercise and your period

Options
So I was wondering why I am a week early. Could it be that I started exercising.
Also about how much weight will I put on from bloating etc.

Replies

• Chrissy_Michelle
    Chrissy_Michelle Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Exercising could be why but usually it's the opposite that happens...I usually *gain* about 3 pounds during this time...It sucks but it will go back down! Hang in there!
  • JenBrown0210
    JenBrown0210 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I was a week early this month. I have lost about 20 pounds and started exercising a lot more. I didn't put on any weight the week before but I also didn't lose any either. Once I was off my period I dropped two pounds right after.
  • autumn13
    autumn13 Posts: 295
    Options
    Me three....This is odd I was a week early too...Hummmm But i really haven't made to many changes other than dropping a few pounds:)
  • loriefolk
    loriefolk Posts: 352
    Options
    I was a few days late, I definitely chalk it up to my workouts. It's not unusual to drop weight after TOM is over, because your body retains fluids.
  • lisapickering
    Options
    Starting to exercise can definitely alter your period. I don't weigh myself when I have my period because I usually gain up to 5 lbs and it's too depressing seeing that number! If you can, try and just avoid the scale this week... but don't stop exercising, it does wonders for cramps, headaches, etc.
  • nina1968
    nina1968 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    It is hard to say why your early. But from my experience excercise could have something to do with it. As far as bloating that depends. I have times where i had an extra 5 lbs from bloating.and as little as 1-2 lbs. So here is some advice, try not to weigh yourself the week before or the week of our period. I have learned it can be very discouraging. Hope I helped you.
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Keep track of sodium and make sure you up your water intake. I drink about a gallon a day and never gain weight from bloat because I'm constantly flushing out my body.
  • faeryluvr
    faeryluvr Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    This is the 2nd or 3rd month in a row now that I've gotten mine twice in less than a month. I'm hoping this is exercise & stress related and not some weird imbalance in my system :/
  • KickassYas
    KickassYas Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    the hormone and body changes are crazy. i wasn't early but my flow was like crazy heavy. like raging tides. it as outta hand. turns out my body rebelled to the change. i gained about 5lbs. then lost it less than a week after it was over. :)
  • NanoReefDiver
    Options
    I take my birth control continuously in order to not have my period. When I wasn't eating back my exercise calories (so my intake became too low) I used to bleed through nonstop. No harm in double checking your calorie intake!
  • 77LouLou
    77LouLou Posts: 75
    Options
    I was surprised..I lost 1.7!! Weight gai /loss and exercise can alter ur cycle. I can't exercise 2 days I'm on bc it is sooo bad!! But dnt stress over a gain bc it generally happens!! part of the cycle!
  • lesliekae
    lesliekae Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have a problem with water retention during my time of the month as well. I hold 5 or more pounds sometimes and this makes my hips and every joint down from them ache terribly. I recently went to a vitamin shop seeking a diuretic that would relieve this and I was recommended Xpel. I have tried many diurectics before and did not get any relief from the pain in my lower back and legs (often enabling me from exercise even though the movement does help). Xpel is completely herbal, does not depleat potassium, and absolutely worked for me. I got my much needed relief within a couple of hours after taking one dose.
  • Jami22
    Jami22 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I have a IUD and had stopped getting my period... However, this month I had a period which hasn't happened in about 2 years. I just started working out 2 weeks ago. So I'm thinking it has something to do with it.
  • bethymay123
    Options
    Thank for all the replies. The weight gain question wws because I started this program just a few days before I started. I don' t know if my starting weight is accurate or not.