Weigh-in

Options
Should I be weighing myself every day? I havent been for the last few days. Not really for any particular reason other than I often forget to weigh myself in the morning while getting ready for work. I didnt know if it was more logical to get on the scale daily or exactly how often?

Replies

• aanaya56
    aanaya56 Posts: 136
    Options
    I wouldnt.,.. I normally do it every week.. Doing it everyday might be discouraging when you dont see any pounds off... :D
  • cntrygrlme
    Options
    When you weigh yourself everyday it can be discouraging. The constant up and down fluctuations in a word...suck. :) when you weigh yourself on a set day once a week it's much easier to see your progress and not get discouraged!!!
  • Life0nMars86
    Life0nMars86 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    The site and most doctors and stuff say it's best to weigh once a week...since weight can easily fluctuate day to day due to things like water weight and stuff...plus weighing every day is sort of obsessive and can get u disappointed if u see it fluctuating and u gain an ounce here or there...so i say once a week =o)

~Christine
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh myself every single day and mark it down in a notebook. In the morning, nude, after bathroom duty (haha... duty.)

I saw very few fluctuations. Very. VERY. few. Even during lady time, my weight would stay the same, then suddenly drop down. I would not really gain. If I did gain, it would be less than a lb worth.

I do suggest a digital scale, they are much easier to read, for me.

I enjoy weighing every day because I know if I do go up, then I need to watch more strictly my food intake. But I can only see that because of the very few fluctuations I mentioned. I can understand how that doesn't work for everyone.

I really enjoy seeing my weight each morning, it helps remind me I am on a long journey, and each day worth of choices helps my goal. It's totally and completely up to you when to weigh in!
  • RunnerInTraining
    RunnerInTraining Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I try not to weigh in too much!!! It can just cause a lot of disappointment! Stick to weekly or bi-weekly!!
  • EricInArlington
    EricInArlington Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    When you weigh yourself everyday it can be discouraging. The constant up and down fluctuations in a word...suck. :) when you weigh yourself on a set day once a week it's much easier to see your progress and not get discouraged!!!

10-4 on that brother!!
  • harls
    harls Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Weight yourself as often as you like! I used to weigh in every morning just to make sure I was on the right track... I went up & down quite a lot every day but as long as you recognize that your weight fluctuates, you should be fine. It does tend to make some people uncomfortable though. Just depends on who you are (: Nowadays I don't have that much time in the mornings so I do it maybe once or twice a week, or sometimes when I take a shower.