Options
Woah... I did NOT realize how out of shape I was until I got up this morning and went on a 5k walk for Make a Wish! A good portion of the route was uphill and it totally kicked my butt! I ended up cutting off about a half mile just because I reached the point that I couldn't go any farther uphill.

So...while that was discouraging, it was an eye opener as to what lousy shape I am in. Rather than sit and sulk, I intend to spend the next year getting myself IN to shape, and next year I intend to do the same walk-only THIS time, I will kick ITS butt!

Replies

• summer2984
    Options
    Woah... I did NOT realize how out of shape I was until I got up this morning and went on a 5k walk for Make a Wish! A good portion of the route was uphill and it totally kicked my butt! I ended up cutting off about a half mile just because I reached the point that I couldn't go any farther uphill.

So...while that was discouraging, it was an eye opener as to what lousy shape I am in. Rather than sit and sulk, I intend to spend the next year getting myself IN to shape, and next year I intend to do the same walk-only THIS time, I will kick ITS butt!
  • TexasAngelBeth
    TexasAngelBeth Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    You will do it :)
    Just keep moving forward :)