uuugggghhhh... I CANT EAT 1200 cal

Options
I know some of you have tried to help me with this before.... but I am KILLING myself trying to eat at least 1200 calories a day.... I cant, let alone eat my calories burned.

What I have done is lowered my cardio from 60min to 35-45

I am not hungry, I feel great, great energy.... I just dont think I am starving.

Can any of you look at my food diary and tell me if I am eating right

Thanks SOOOOO much!!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/CayceLynn77

SW: 165
CW:153
GW:135

Replies

• loriefolk
    loriefolk Posts: 352
    Options
    Talk to your doctor :) I talk to mine about info found on here all the time and you have to do what is right for your body. I hardly ever reach 1200 and that's okay with me. I'm not going to force myself to eat.
  • EricInArlington
    EricInArlington Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I added 2 days to my exercise and it took 240 calories from me :/ , so if you add more day and time it should do the same for you
  • allie_00
    allie_00 Posts: 73
    Options
    I would suggest eating 5 smaller meals instead of 3 and also having a larger breakfast. It's doubtful that you'll actually lose much weight if you keep eating like this.
  • jessicajoy87
    Options
    I would suggest eating 5 smaller meals instead of 3 and also having a larger breakfast. It's doubtful that you'll actually lose much weight if you keep eating like this.

I agree. I think that you need to eat more for breakfast. Whenever I drink slimfast I always add a fruit.
  • whittrusty
    whittrusty Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    You need to eat more that 120 calories for lunch!! That's not a meal, it's a snack. You could try rice cakes and 1 Tbsp Natural Peanut Butter; 130 calories of good fat and it's delicious! I agree with the previous post about each less, but more often. That should help with you not being all that hungry.
  • phassie
    phassie Posts: 14
    Options
    I know some of you have tried to help me with this before.... but I am KILLING myself trying to eat at least 1200 calories a day.... I cant, let alone eat my calories burned.

I also have the same frustration, so I have decided to step away from the scale for a week. Also try divide up your calories to 300 per meal: breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack. That way you achieve your daily intake of at least 1200 calories or at least try. Don't beat yourself down if you don't; just look forward to another day. :flowerforyou:
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Looks like your almost afraid to eat. I viewed your diary for the last week. I would say up your breakfast. Get some Oatmeal & fruit as for breakfast.

Try to aim for 300 calories for each meal
    Breakfast
    Snack
    Lunch
    Snack
    Supper

Don't be afraid to eat...Take look at my diary for some examples...Best wishes xo
  • ChefJenn
    ChefJenn Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    i feel your pain very much.. in fact I have had my stomach stapled and it only holds 4 oz at a time. Now try to eat 1200 calories with a pouch that size. But, I can say this. I have not lost weight in 2 years b/c I dont eat enough calories and then I workout and burn off more and end up in a negative net most days.

So, Im training myself to eat more high calorie/high protein foods so that I can at least get in calories for the day and not be negative each day.
    Add some protein shakes to your diet . Its much easier to drink calories most days for me than to eat them.

Its a hard process to do but Im learning that just eating the 1200 calories will not make us lose the weight. its a together deal of working out and eating a balance healthy plan.
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Just an opinion :) Breakfast should be your biggest meal of the day, then lunch, then dinner. You could have an omelet in a flatout wrap with tomatoes & peppers, a slice of cheese or whatever you want in it. The sugar would definately be lower than the breakfast drink. I would be hungry if I only ate some cherry tomatoes and cottage cheese for lunch...then again, I don't like them either :) so I'm probably biased there, but that's not alot to give your body energy to work with. You could try some peanut butter on a cracker or celery stick...it's not a lot but it gives you calories and protein. I eat 1/4 cup of almonds after my workout with an orange. The fruit is high in sugar, but my trainer said to have fruit and protein within 15 minutes of working out and I enjoy that. I love the people that work out and then go to McDonalds. Too funny. Good luck!
  • alazarus
    alazarus Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    You could probably use more fiber in your diet... Doesn't look like you eat a lot of bread. Try factoring in some whole grains and wheat-based foods-- maybe like wheat toast with peanut butter or whole-grain pasta with veggies.
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    The only thing I see that's an issue is lunch. You really should eat more for lunch. I generally try to do ~ 200 for breakfast, ~200-300 for lunch and the balance for dinner and snacks and that works for me, but we're all different. I would suggest you talk to your doc, but overall, I think you're doing ok.
  • Dom82
    Dom82 Posts: 235
    Options
    Do you eat avocados or hard boiled eggs? You could maybe add those. They are good for you and half denser calories to help boots your numbers.

I had the same problem reaching 1200 cal when I first started i just looked for healthy more calorie dense food. Just be careful. I'm within 8 to 5 lbs of my goal weight and I stopped losing weight for 3 to 4 weeks. I increased my calories and just started losing again.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Well in all honesty slimfast is crap. It is full of sugar and corn syrup. The rest of your diary looks okay, but you need to eat a bit more.:bigsmile:
  • szappia
    szappia Posts: 1
    Options
    definitely increase your breakfast and lunch. oatmeal or cold cereal are an easy breakfast that doesn't take long.. I add strawberries to mine! or if you prefer a liquid breakfast, try a home-made smoothie of yogurt and fruit instead of slim-fast.

try adding avocado, cucumber, and almonds or cashews to your tomatoes to make a small salad with lunch.

increasing your calories in the first half of the day will help increase your metabolism and immune system.
  • flutterqueen04
    Options
    What about not necessarily eating...what about drinking? Try adding in milk/soy milk, 100% fruit juices (the good for you juices not concentrated and such *hopefully those people that nit pick apart post if not everything is spelled out exactly as you mean will get what I mean and leave it be, haha*). Try making smoothies from yogurt, skim milk, and fruits too. So many people assume they have to "eat" the calories but you can find nice nutritious drinks that can do the trick :)
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    if your body is lacking a nutrient, you'll be hungry. if you're not hungry, some people just need less calories daily to function than others. you look fairly petite, so maybe your body just don't need as much as a larger person would. 1200 calories a day isn't the magic number that keeps your healthy & losing weight. :o) i wouldn't worry about it unless your health starts to suffer.
  • Zaggytiddies
    Zaggytiddies Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Looks like most days you're pretty close. If you feel fine and continue to lose I wouldn't worry about it. All this calorie counting is just rough estimates anyway. You're eating lots of fresh stuff so I think you're good.
  • MakingAChoice
    MakingAChoice Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    i feel your pain very much.. in fact I have had my stomach stapled and it only holds 4 oz at a time. Now try to eat 1200 calories with a pouch that size. But, I can say this. I have not lost weight in 2 years b/c I dont eat enough calories and then I workout and burn off more and end up in a negative net most days.

So, Im training myself to eat more high calorie/high protein foods so that I can at least get in calories for the day and not be negative each day.
    Add some protein shakes to your diet . Its much easier to drink calories most days for me than to eat them.

Its a hard process to do but Im learning that just eating the 1200 calories will not make us lose the weight. its a together deal of working out and eating a balance healthy plan.

Yours is a different situation entirely. Your body cannot physically get the nutrients from the food you eat. So you take supplements which makes the lower calorie thing fine due to the gastric bypass. For someone that has not had surgery this would be to low and self defeating.
  • kdao
    kdao Posts: 265
    Options
    if your body is lacking a nutrient, you'll be hungry. if you're not hungry, some people just need less calories daily to function than others. you look fairly petite, so maybe your body just don't need as much as a larger person would. 1200 calories a day isn't the magic number that keeps your healthy & losing weight. :o) i wouldn't worry about it unless your health starts to suffer.

Agreed.
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Coming from a small girl, I know its tough. A year ago I wasn't even making it to 900 calories. Just today I took in 2000. The only time I'm hungry is in the morning and if I go more than 3 hours in between eating. I shoot for small high calorie meals, but healthy. For instance, breakfast is a slice of all natural, while wheat toast with all natural peanut butter, a banana on top and a glass off milk. Comes to about 400 Cal's. A snack will be all natural whole grain chips with a big glass of milk, which is around 320. Sometimes I don't want to eat.but I know I need to in order to healthfully get to my goal weight range. I'm eating all these calories and happily on my way to my goal. Its easier than when I first started, it takes some adjustment.